Any recommendations for sandblaster work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have some jump seats coming from a guy in upstate New York, and am looking into getting them sandblasted and possibly powder coated. Anyone have a recommendation for a place local to get this work done?

This guy rocks. He only does sand blasting, though. I used him on my Con-Ferr rear bench project with good results.

Larry Akin
lpa.akin@yahoo.com
Akin and Company
512-331-5787

attachment.php

I was just going to post a similar question.
I am repainting my Hi-Lift and wanted to get it stripped and cleaned before painting.

Has anyone tried the Soda Blasting? Have any idea of the cost difference to sand blasting?

Ask Tucker. He has a portable Harbor Freight soda blaster that he's used to clean up parts on his 3FE conversion. Looks like it works pretty good.

I did a search on the wrong word; there are quite a few places when you look for powder coating, and they all do sandblasting as well.

For smaller parts we do powdercoating, sodablasting and sandblasting here in house. But we're not set up for parts later than about 2ftx2ft

I used Highpoint in Liberty Hill, going to pick them up tomorrow, I'll post some pics. $55 each to blast and powdercoat; I didn't think was too bad.

55 is cheap for that. Let us know how it turns out.

Here you go. $55 each, and I think he did a great job. He has quite the nice setup there, and does a lot of work with some fab shops and car clubs. Pads and straps coming in today; I'll get them put together and in the 40 soon!

5883721547_f26dfd42e5.jpg

:cheers:

Were they painted or powder coated? The finish looks pretty glossy, which i actually like. I'm headed to EP this afternoon for work tomorrow and will be putting my jump seats on a truck back to Austin. I bought them on line and have not had a good look at them but know the frames will need work before I put the new seat covers on.

Yeah, I bought the seats from a guy in upstate NY. They were in pretty decent shape, but needed to be blasted. The finish is a semi-gloss black powder coat, and looks great! And they did it in one day. Give 'em a call, talk to JT, and tell 'em Jeff Daniel sent ya!

Will do, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom