Any rattle can paint jobs out there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Krylon sanded almond and all the clear coat in the world

#abg

C5A55EFB-A72F-41B0-B154-AD4140FAFB76.jpeg

A423A46F-8974-4B14-86BE-09A3FEDA2617.jpeg

1C0AE8A5-732D-4AFE-8E0E-4E194D870C5A.jpeg

A bit dusty, but the only pic I have handy. Rattle can and bedliner.

IMG_5074.jpg
Looking at the date you posted this, you still have this rig? That's very close to what I plan to do with my 62 as soon as I can.

Looking at the date you posted this, you still have this rig? That's very close to what I plan to do with my 62 as soon as I can.
It sits out of the way in my yard, waiting to donate parts (like the "built" 2FE) to a rust-free 62 hulk when I get around to it. I used the hell out of that rig and retired it rust-eaten and trail-beaten.

Hi, Any 1988 fj62 Champaign colored ones out there? Mike

Hi, Who has found off the shelf paint can match for fj62 Champaign color ? Thanks, Mike

Is it the Beige Metallic (4G8 paint code)? It's going to be virtually impossible to match a metallic that's not the standard silver or gold. The best bet would be to get some mixed up at an automotive refinishing supply store for about $30 per rattle can.

If you want to redo it and not metallic, it seems Menards has the biggest selection of premixed spray paints. Might be able to get something you like there.

Bumpity...

My new to me rig needs some love, and it has layers of camo and flat black paint on it from PO. My original color is 474 copper. Anyone have any rattle can jobs close to that color?

I rattled canned my hunting truck with Rustoleum forest green camo many years ago. It looks pretty cool and blends in to the terrain great. I take it home every few years to touch up areas of rust that begin to emerge. It's actually kinda fun to do bodywork when you are not going for perfect.

When I get back to it I will try to post some photos. There is a front shot as my profile pic.

Won't be rattle can, but I'll be doing my 62 (panel by panel unfortunately, since it's my only vehicle and my DD when I'm not able to borrow my mother's 4Runner) in Rustoleum Professional; an 8/3 mix of gloss yellow and flat black that gives me a good satin shade of OD Green. My tailgate, once it's ready for paint, will be the first to get that as the experiment. Obviously not going for show room perfection, but a "well taken care of" appearance. I've seen some guys on a couple Mopar forums back in the day have great luck when they went the extra steps of sanding and polishing for a legitimate show room quality finish, and because of the industrial design of the paint it stood up to the elements incredibly well.

FYI rattle can such as rustoleum never really totally dries so if you ever go back to put down a real automotive paint, getting it off is an absolute nightmare

FYI rattle can such as rustoleum never really totally dries so if you ever go back to put down a real automotive paint, getting it off is an absolute nightmare
Thanks, I probably won't be painting with auto paint. It is going to get scratched and such so I will touch up as needed. Might Raptor line it in the near future. Same color though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom