Any local fluid film applier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

would you happen to know any local fluid film appliers? Initially thought to have krown product applied from a shop in York, PA but somehow felt FF would be ideal for my 2000 which do have surface rust on it already.

Intro- New into this group, bought a '00 LX from a mud member here last month, stays and work in Fairfax

Thanks for the link, no reviews out there for FF application/Rust control that I could find. Will reach out to them and see what they say

Yeah, the reviews are primarily for the detailing work. Hopefully their service quality extends to their undercarriage protection service. I don't think undercarriage protection is very popular in the mid-Atlantic. I never considered it before my recent LC purchase.

Go back to page 2 or 3 in here and you will find info about this. "Automotive Protection Services in Fairfax a few days ago for their undercoating treatment". Not sure if this is fluid film, or a completely different form of under coating. Hope that is helpful.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Has anyone applied it themselves? Can it roll on or does it get sprayed? I hear it doesn’t smell good. Wonder if it’s a bad idea to use inside doors and quarter panels?

The smell isn't that bad and it dissipates fairly quickly.

I just saw you can just buy spray cans of it. I'm ordering a 3 pack on Amazon and will report back

You can also buy it non-aerosol and they sell application wands to get inside the frame rails.

You can also buy it non-aerosol and they sell application wands to get inside the frame rails.

I saw that too... But my cart was getting a bit filled up. 3 cans for $32 bucks. If I need another one I can always get some more.

If I buy a ton of it, I'll just start spraying everything with it!

I think I recall that you need to avoid rubber bits when you apply the using the aerosol cans - might want to check.
I just did both my FJ62 and 2018 4Runner this fall for the first time. I bought a gallon and their sprayer to apply. Probably used 2/3 of the gallon. The smell as you apply is actually pretty pleasant. It’s afterwards that it develops a musty odor. On the 62, I sprayed in the doors, and it smelled in the cab pretty bad. 4Runner only got the undercarriage, and no smell inside.

Using the sprayer, the product aerosolized really well - so well that my garage was fully fogged and got a very light coating all over. If that bothers you, plan to spray outside.

Overall I’m really pleased. I had the 62 out in snow/salt the other day and when I rinsed her down afterward, I could see the water just bead right up off the frame.

FWIW, I have been using Fluid Film since I got my LX450 in Phoenix. I had a case of cans sent to the seller and blasted the entire underside in a hotel parking lot.
After that, I have been doing yearly treatments with a spray gun in my driveway. I hit everything from tip to tail. I have the spray can extension to get inside the frame rails and body panels.

It does smell after you apply it, and the smell will linger for a few days. It smells really bad when it burns off the exhaust, but that is short lived.

It is safe for just about any surface, it is non-toxic and environmentally safe.

Getting to @OTRAMM next week for my 90k aka 200k service, once that's done will try wire brushing the underneath and will do FF (aerosal) and see.

Go back to page 2 or 3 in here and you will find info about this. "Automotive Protection Services in Fairfax a few days ago for their undercoating treatment". Not sure if this is fluid film, or a completely different form of under coating. Hope that is helpful.
Thanks, I checked with them, they were kind of expensive but the process is good and have nice reviews all over the place.

I've had Automotive Protection Services undercoat and tint my Cruiser, they did a good job, and stand behind their work.

A few club members have seen my Cruiser, when my family made a drive by to Kilroy's on a meeting nite, this past summer. (I was stuck at work)

Rust Prevention | Mid-Atlantic | Automotive Protection Services

I was considering going there. They have excellent reviews. After watching too many YouTube videos, I got cold feet. Some people have horror stories about undercoating. Do you have any after pictures? I'd love to see the underneath.

FluidFilm seemed like a good compromise. I haven't done anything yet, but I plan to in the next month or so. I'm still open to other forms of rust protection.

Automotive Protection Services undercoat

Done about 8 months ago... on my 2006 4Runner

View attachment 1834756

20180210_083608.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom