ANOTHER TROOPY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@tlc_4play do you know if there are any distributors of the Alu-Innovation pop top in the US? I've tried looking online, but haven't seen anything about US distribution or installation.
I will ask the owner of Alu Innovations and reply here

@tlc_4play do you know if there are any distributors of the Alu-Innovation pop top in the US? I've tried looking online, but haven't seen anything about US distribution or installation.
I spoke to Cassiem of ALu-Innovations Cape Town
He says he has supplied a few to the USA where he ships them to and thru your appointed shipping agent/company and then the POP UP roofs have been installed by a body shop.
He suggested you contact him directly and he will provide you with detailed information
His email - cassiem@alu-innovations.co.za

First addition to the troopy; Yokohama Geolandar M/T G003 255/85r16s. Pizza cutters for short.

Driven on them for 2000kms now:
- Noise has increased but not drastically.
- Fuel consumption has increased from 11.8L/100 to about 12.5 on tarmac.
- Epic look and stance. I'm glad I chose these over 285s. Suits the car width and fills the wheel well perfectly.
- Sunraysias with zero offset, they stick out by a mm or two.

IMG_4081.png

IMG_4079.png

IMG_4078.png

IMG_4077.png

Slow progress but it's nice to tick the first box.
I also visited Expedition Centre and have booked in a Mulgo roof conversion for August!

(Wish a new troopy was available in the states)

Beautiful truck. Thanks for posting!

Been a while…yeah so it was cold in CBR today. We got a new Safari Snorkel…otherwise not much to report.
IMG_4848.jpeg

Jokes, we got an epic wrap done and now our “22 looks like a “95 NSW rural fire service vehicle! Well…almost. It will after the white roof conversion and bar work to come 😎
70899401968__C8842DD2-AF95-48E1-A0A2-8AE6005AC4DB.jpeg

Jokes, we got an epic wrap done and now our “22 looks like a “95 NSW rural fire service vehicle! Well…almost. It will after the white roof conversion and bar work to come 😎View attachment 3354229

Just the snorkel to report, I was wondering? Nice color change! It came out good with the wrap, and that rural fire service color is so unique.

Here's my 86 ex-fire service troopy from Denmark

red wreck.jpg

Just the snorkel to report, I was wondering? Nice color change! It came out good with the wrap, and that rural fire service color is so unique.

Here's my 86 ex-fire service troopy from Denmark

View attachment 3354230
It is unique, not quite red or orange. I love it. I’d love to see yours up close!

Haha super red. That’s epic though. It came from Denmark originally??

It's sooo red, but another unique toyota red (3F4 color code ) In the right light it has some "orange" tones, but nothing like yours. Yes, came from Denmark originally, fire service utility truck, and found it's way to the US via Texas, then Oklahoma and then... North Carolina, where rust never sleeps (thanks Neil). Wood rusts where I live- terrible place to have a land cruiser. It's very funny that this is an unusual troopy color and there are at least 3 in North Carolina. Most of the 75 series troop carriers in the US are your standard white or tan (sandy taupe). I guess the east coast attracts the color they will all end up... rust red.

Can't wait to see photos of yours with Mulgo top installed.

It's sooo red, but another unique toyota red (3F4 color code ) In the right light it has some "orange" tones, but nothing like yours. Yes, came from Denmark originally, fire service utility truck, and found it's way to the US via Texas, then Oklahoma and then... North Carolina, where rust never sleeps (thanks Neil). Wood rusts where I live- terrible place to have a land cruiser. It's very funny that this is an unusual troopy color and there are at least 3 in North Carolina. Most of the 75 series troop carriers in the US are your standard white or tan (sandy taupe). I guess the east coast attracts the color they will all end up... rust red.

Can't wait to see photos of yours with Mulgo top installed.
Sounds salty and damp 🤣
That’s awesome though. I know there are probably many here in Aus as they imported them here with a custom 000 paint code…not sure how many they made for the RFS, but I haven’t seen one myself in person.

On the topic of Mulgo tops…I’m tossing between a white roof conversion or a sandy roof conversion that we wrap white (however apparently wrapping them can be a challenge due to irremovable seals etc). Anyone have an opinion?

White (and black) conversions seem to go with just about anything. I think I would go with a white top and avoid the wrap; wrapping the entire top seems like it would be very difficult to do. You could always wrap it later if wanted or needed. Why are you thinking sandy conversion and wrap? Is that colour available sooner?

White (and black) conversions seem to go with just about anything. I think I would go with a white top and avoid the wrap; wrapping the entire top seems like it would be very difficult to do. You could always wrap it later if wanted or needed. Why are you thinking sandy conversion and wrap? Is that colour available sooner?
Just incase I want to take the wrap off down the line and then the conversion would be colour matched. I think you’re right though!

Just incase I want to take the wrap off down the line and then the conversion would be colour matched. I think you’re right though!
See, I already forgot you have sandy truck. Makes sense though.

Sounds salty and damp 🤣
That’s awesome though. I know there are probably many here in Aus as they imported them here with a custom 000 paint code…not sure how many they made for the RFS, but I haven’t seen one myself in person.

On the topic of Mulgo tops…I’m tossing between a white roof conversion or a sandy roof conversion that we wrap white (however apparently wrapping them can be a challenge due to irremovable seals etc). Anyone have an opinion?
I would still go with the white top. Even if you decide to take the red wrap off and go back to the sandy color, the white top will still retain the classic Land Cruiser look with the sandy colored body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom