Builds Another Texas LS1 Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dropped it off at the exhaust shop yesterday. It should be ready early next week. Still waiting on the gauges to show up.

I know a Jewish carpenter that did not have a lot of money.

Well, the gauges showed up except the speedo, it's on back order. So after brainstorming and mocking up designs, geeking out on this http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/index.html, I think I have a design and a way to mount everything. Just a teaser, I'm using FJ40 turn signal indicators. Stay tuned...

Last edited:
Come and finish up GSMTR is right around the corner ; )

Got it back from the exhaust shop today and his work was great, but I'm not happy how it turned out. There was no room to put the cats where they needed to go so he did his best to put everything in. But at least I have an exhaust with a flowmaster 40. It sounds really cool. I will probably have him rework the whole thing outside the frame rails then back over the frame to the muffler then out back.

Also, I took it around the block and it is very peppy. But the engine is not running right. It's almost like it it running rich or not running on all cylinders. I did take my timing gun to check to see if they were all firing and they were. It is throwing a code, P0308 - Misfire on #8. So I swapped the #6 coil and wire and it came back up. So I'm going to throw some new E3 plugs in and see if they helps.

Ahhh, custom conversions. You only get to rejoice when they are done.

Ok, enough kvetching. On to the dash. I bought a dash to work with so I can figure out the best setup before I modified my dash. I cut some aluminum sheet to figure out what would work best. After some fab'n, I decided that an insert inside the old dash would look the best. The one in the pic is not the final one, but you will get the idea. Also, the one in the pic does not have the bottom light covers in them.

And lastly my wife announced that I can have her 80 and she will take my MB E300TD. Game on!!!
IMG_0148.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have the truck intake manifold?

Also; you have a custom tune done right? Do you have any way to log it?

Yep.

No, just had the place that did my harness delete all the crap. No, I don't. But just driving around the hood, I think it needs some shifting tunage.

Well got the dash built. As I got deep into it, I decided not to do the FJ40 blinkers. I painted it flat black and then decided to hit it with some 50 grit to see what it would look like. I still have some "adjusting" to do. So here it is.
IMG_0150.jpg

let us know what kind of fuel economy it gets! Great engine conversion! :D

I am trying to figure out how to re-configure my V8 exhaust system. Would you be able to post a few pictures from underneath of how you are routing yours? I am also contemplating the route outside the framerails, but there is conflict with all the fuel lines which normally run right where the natural crossover pipes would need to be. Are your running dual exhaust exits?

Things are looking really close. Cant wait to see the final outcome. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom