Another soft tops thread?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this has been done, but what's the current deal on soft tops? I've got an 82 fj40 that was originally a hard top. Learn me as to what the best set up is in terms of bows and stock style soft tops. I would prefer to actually get the top as opposed to paying for it and not getting one. i don't mind paying for quality but I'd prefer to keep my money in the US if possible. Whats the deal with Trolehole tops, sor, etc.? Thanks in advance for your responses.

I'd love to see some testimonials, and pics of different color combos. So much bull**** and controversy over a big ticket item, makes me gunshy.

Also I was thinking about going with an aqualu storage gate as I have full ambi doors stock, any thoughts or opinions? I know this is a sticky in FAQ, just wanted to know the current pulse. Thanks

I know Nuclearlemon got an OCD top less than a year ago for her '62...very pleased with it, even though I never saw the point, windshield wipers suck. Still working on the bows though. I agree that it does look good on a '40...
DSC05387.JPG

Anyone have input on the pvc vs cotton versions of the trollhole? I'm thinking tan or black cotton. My rig is red but will be lexus pistachio pearl (a light green that is tan under some lighting conditions) in the near future. i wonder if the red/tan combo will look bad in the interim. Thoughs?

Anyone have input on the pvc vs cotton versions of the trollhole? I'm thinking tan or black cotton. My rig is red but will be lexus pistachio pearl (a light green that is tan under some lighting conditions) in the near future. i wonder if the red/tan combo will look bad in the interim. Thoughs?
I've seen red and tan and they can look good. volcan is selling that color combo now I think. I did see a icon top up close and it was peerfect.. But so was literally everything on the truck. Top is super pricey though just like the rest of it but it was nice. I personally havent seen other tops up close but I probably am planning on a Trollhole.

I recently purchased one from Ehsan, and it is a good top. I would also prefer to keep the money in the US and would have bought a Trollhole, but it wasn't available at the time. Marshall makes quality products and you can't go wrong with one of his tops. I have included a picture just so you can see what the latest paki top looks like.
20131231_153822.jpg

I recently purchased one from Ehsan, and it is a good top. I would also prefer to keep the money in the US and would have bought a Trollhole, but it wasn't available at the time. Marshall makes quality products and you can't go wrong with one of his tops. I have included a picture just so you can see what the latest paki top looks like.View attachment 880668
Those look like Paki bows also. How much was everything with shipping?

Top and bows with shipping was $1100.00.

Wow, it used to be $350 each for a top and bows and then roughly $500 for shipping. Either the shipping got cheaper or Ehsan lowered his prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom