Another funky noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new noise
sounds almost like a belt noise while running (but it isn't)
then when the engine stops with the key off
it sound like a tea kettle for a few secons :) almost like it buids steam and releses it when stopped. a vacum is my first guess but from where ? it sound like it's coming from uder the tranny area
I thought about a header leak but it doesn't come from the manifold
and the exhaust is all new ???

Have the wife or a friend drive the truck, when they pull into the driveway jump under the truck and find out where its coming from.
If the exhaust is new, thats the first place I would start.

PUPTLAM said:
Have the wife or a friend drive the truck, when they pull into the driveway jump under the truck and find out where its coming from.
If the exhaust is new, thats the first place I would start.

I tried that but I couldn't pinpoint it.. this morning I started the lc and it's not doing it ?????

PabloCruise said:
What year Cruiser? Engine? Smogged?

Give us some details please...

it's a 78 2F with Holley carb it's been desmogged I think it was done correctly
I have been listening carefully and I am thinking maybe a bearing but that doesn't explain the whistling when the engine is turned off
I can't think of anything else that can help pinpoint this weird noise...

A guess:
May be a broken baffel in the muffler rattling around and sometimes it blocks the outlet. It sounds like a tea kettle until it shuts off. It falls back down and it is fine when and you restart. Starts up again when you hit a bump.

I am going to check that too I don't really lke the muffler I put on anyway I want something a litte quieter

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom