Another 77 FJ40 resto (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, beautiful restoration! Amazing attention to detail with all the stickers, correct brackets, etc. Nice work!

SSCR how did you clean up your valve cover, then did you have it sprayed/color? Or, did you just polish it? Looks amazing............

Also, how did you rig the tool bag under the seat next to the jack, was that the stock setup? I have wondered where my bag with tools belongs?

SSCR how did you clean up your valve cover, then did you have it sprayed/color? Or, did you just polish it? Looks amazing............

Thanks, I couldn't get the stock raw aluminum color I wanted even after glass beading it (old aluminum) so I sprayed it with Rustoleum aluminum engine paint. Very happy how it turned out.

Also, how did you rig the tool bag under the seat next to the jack, was that the stock setup? I have wondered where my bag with tools belongs?

Yep that is the stock securing method for that year, I had the pieces re-zinced in yellow, used new JIS yellow zinced bolts and new band from Overton. I bought an SOR bag and put the original jack handle, tire wrench and other stuff in it. Very cool Mr. Toyota.

so good resto!!!! speechless!!!

I take that as a great compliment coming from you Jadcruiser and your restoration! Thanks!

teaser shot of the top on...
Iphone 003.JPG

Awesome is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks again for all of your helpfull advice too!!

SSCR, i take it the mounting area for the bag strap/holder is comprised of three bolts in the floor? That is what my '78 has

SSCR, i take it the mounting area for the bag strap/holder is comprised of three bolts in the floor? That is what my '78 has

Yes sir, if you go to post #155 you can see a photo of when I bolted the brackets on.....man I went over board with the photos ;)

I bought the reproduction rear view mirror from CCOT, looks too plastic and too cheap for this truck. I ended up getting a new OEM mirror and some new OEM sun visors from Beno. @beno thanks buddy!

Anyone want the plastic rearview mirror that CCOT offers? I'll sell it cheap.

Thanks, just checked it out.........simple.

Again , looking excellent . I'm still hunting a set of the hold down brackets/rubber band o-ring for my tool bag under the seat . Great idea on the pad under the jack - some of the Toyo drawings show a pad in that location stock , just can't source the part any longer .
Sarge

Great work! I have a 77 also and don't have legs on my jump seat like yours. Are they later seats or did you add the leg hoops? Sounds like you are planning to sell?

Again , looking excellent . I'm still hunting a set of the hold down brackets/rubber band o-ring for my tool bag under the seat . Great idea on the pad under the jack - some of the Toyo drawings show a pad in that location stock , just can't source the part any longer .
Sarge
Thanks Sarge, I might have a some extra brackets you could have, let me check my parts bin.

Nice work Don!
Thanks Mark, and thanks for all my questions you were kind enough to answer.

Great work! I have a 77 also and don't have legs on my jump seat like yours. Are they later seats or did you add the leg hoops? Sounds like you are planning to sell?
These are later jump seats, they are much nicer and better designed and wont dent the wheel wells when folded down. Unfortunately I will be selling this when completed, wish I could keep it but I'm too afraid to even drive it in the rain. The money is needed to fund another 40 project that will be used to explore this great country with my family.

All very cool, I am also looking for the hold down brackets for the o-ring tool bag hold down. If you have any and Sarge is not intersted I certainly would be interested. Stock bolts are all there. As with a lot of us my previous owner had lots of the stock stuff, but of course some things missing......

PM sent about the cheap plastic mirror. A decent repro mirror would be a huge upgrade for my one-mirrored truck.

I bought the reproduction rear view mirror from CCOT, looks too plastic and too cheap for this truck. I ended up getting a new OEM mirror and some new OEM sun visors from Beno. @beno thanks buddy!

Anyone want the plastic rearview mirror that CCOT offers? I'll sell it cheap.

...via IH8MUD app

I'm definitely up for those clips/band , or any other leftovers ... lol . Trying to at least for now make it functional enough to add the spare tire carrier back on it and actually carry a spare wheel/tire ...what a concept . Been driving it over 2yrs now with no spare and evidently a lot of good fortune .
Sarge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom