Annual Keystone breakfast meeting 1/18/20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tranny rebuild? I'd like to learn.

I’d be game - for me the “rebuild” aspect of it is pretty straightforward. My issue has always been judging the existing parts as to whether they can be reused or should be replaced. Ie: “is this bearing ok” or “can I re-use this gear/bushing” and learning how to measure the tolerances to assure they’re in spec.

I can check about using a shop in the Harrisburg area - lifts, welders, etc.

My garage is always available to anyone - I just know it’s out of the way for everyone. It’s by no means a fully equipped shop and there certainly isn’t a lift, but most of the critical tools are there - compressor/air tools, hydraulic press, welders, various gauges, wrenches, grinders, etc.

It’s a haul for most down to northern MD but always happy to host or help out.

Had a great time and a killer meal. Look forward to heading back there again now that I know about it. Had an uneventful ride home, which is surely a good thing.

We had discussed in the past having a TECH DAY.

I have a lot of room at my shop. When it warms up, I'll host a tech day. In the cold months, there's only a small area that's heated.

I have a single two post lift, tools, compressor, bead blast cabinet, industrial parts washer, industrial hot pressure washer, press, Hobart Mig welder (that I have no idea how to use :oops: ), Oxy/acetylene torch, etc, etc.

Oh yeah, also a beer distributor, good pizza, and liquor store right down the street!

Most of you may disregard this. But in case anyone has over looked the earlier post with my paypal info it was jamarquardt22@yahoo.com

Most of the breakfast's were around $11-12 If you got a beverage probably another $2 If anyone got a side another $2-3 +tip. My costs have been covered, but only just. The way lots were sliding me $20's I expected a surplus that will go to the Keystone treasury. I expect a few may of forgotten, no big deal but Its time to make it right. A few have offered to pay more. That is very generous but I can not accept it as the people offering have already paid their share.

Again if you already paid me please disregard this. If you did not attend disregard as well.

@jamarquardt22+1
@brian
@BROKEROB1
@dci blair
@shmukster
@Crusha
@VBRoamer
@JeepinPete
@fireball
@jtaco1 +1
@joabmc
@smooth
@RWBeringer4x4
@YotaFun
@Von Hayek
@crawlin40
@Satanic mechanic
@rubicondon53
@PAToyota +1
@TrapperHunt +1
@TheMU
@Rics4rnr +1
@Crazybuckethead +1

Cross me off the list, I gave you a twenty at the table.

My costs are covered, I'm not begging for money. If you already paid please disregard.

Andy, I already paid but if you’re in the poor house, I could kick in a few hundy 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom