Annual Keystone breakfast meeting 1/18/20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was good to see everyone this morning!!!! Despite the cold temps and the threat of snow it was a surprisingly good turnout. Food at the TomCat was excellent, Andy was certainly right in his recommendation for the place. The meeting outside was fine but cold, then wet and snowy...………. when Crusha made the "motion" to conclude it was seconded quickly! The roads were slipper on my drive home but it was uneventful. Hope everyone else gets home without incident.

I'll second Gary's comments - great food (thank you to Andy for the suggestion!), good turnout, and I think Greg spoke for many when he motioned that it was time to conclude.

Things weren't too bad by the time we got back to 222 and the drive home was uneventful on the Turnpike. Stay safe everyone!

Last edited:
Just made it back - literally couldn’t get up any hills in the Mazda getting out of Sinking Spring... things finally cleared up around Honeybrook and it was relatively smooth sailing from there. Scary first 20 minutes getting home though - if only I had some sort of 4WD vehicle to get me through weather like that...

South of route 1 got zero snow.

I just got home a little while ago, roads were terrible up 222/100/22/78. I took all backroads to miss the accidents and it was slippery. Those KO’s do not like any kind of side load, the blocky tread just breaks away.
Great meeting, great to see everyone!
FD1E4C14-AD9A-4826-AEB5-C092540C3503.jpeg
850ECC33-142F-492C-9F66-8C49D4A95153.jpeg

As already said, breakfast was fantastic! Love Tom Cat Cafe, great portions (took some home) and great variety. Thank you Andy for suggesting we hold the breakfast there!

Trip up was uneventful, trip home was as well, the 4Runner did just fine in the snow, it was everyone else on the road that was a problem. I took 222 to 422 to 100 to 202 to 95, up till 202 it was a little messy but by the time I was passing West Chester it was practically nothing. 202 south of rt 1 PA was dry as a bone and I could cruise normally.

We did have a meeting before the snow, some topics discussed was the Eastwood Trip, Bald Eagle Overland Trip, Green Trail Runs, Coal Mine Classic, Carlisle Truck show, Club Funds, and forgive me but I believe Don @rubicondon53 had mentioned another overland trip as well. I think that covers it if anyone else would like to chime in.

Great to see everyone again!

It was a uneventful trip home. 222 was more slippery then it looked 1 saw a accident the other direction and had the traction control kick on. Keep it under 55 because I noticed I was making a lot of corrections due to the road conditions. It looked only wet but was icy.

PayPal info
jamarquardt22@yahoo.com

If I had to guess, if everyone has a meal and drink it was about $15 each + tip. I hadn't gotten to break it down yet. Most people were passing me $20's. As I stated, I'm not making change and any extra after my costs are covered will go to the club treasury.

I went back roads to 222, found a couple unplowed, but was travelling with locked front hubs and center diff lock on, was probably overkill because no traction issues. 222 to 30W to 283W and into Etown. No accidents observed or participated in. The Tom Cat was a great choice. Thanks for that, Andy.

was slideways most of the way back to west lebanon in 2H. 422 was white the entire way. would have liked to have had an extended bs session.....but it was cold.

Got stuck behind a plow train on the turnpike, otherwise, the stock 80 cruised home like a knife through hot slippery butter!

Good seeing everyone. Thanks Andy for putting everything together. Wish we could have hung out longer but mother nature had other thoughts. Only frustration going home were those traveling 20-25 mph. I know you should drive slow under the conditions but geeez I feel like I could walk faster.

Good seeing everyone. Thanks Andy for putting everything together. Wish we could have hung out longer but mother nature had other thoughts. Only frustration going home were those traveling 20-25 mph. I know you should drive slow under the conditions but geeez I feel like I could walk faster.

Just be glad you weren’t in the line behind me, doing 3mph uphill with my tires spinning the whole way - can always be worse!

Snow covered roads all the way home- all 2.5 miles of em.. I’m pleased everyone made it home without damage.. Andy! What a great choice.

We had discussed in the past having a TECH DAY. Other clubs do it and it seems like a good bit of fun, and helpful to any members who could use a little assistance from the many expert mechanics we have in our club.

Would anyone be interested?

Does anyone have a spot where they could host?

@brian can wheel his truck to get there. The rest of us could just take the paved roads :)

I’d definitely be interested - I had meant to bring that up at the meeting.

We had discussed in the past having a TECH DAY. Other clubs do it and it seems like a good bit of fun, and helpful to any members who could use a little assistance from the many expert mechanics we have in our club.

Would anyone be interested?

Does anyone have a spot where they could host?

@brian can wheel his truck to get there. The rest of us could just take the paved roads :)
Good idea to revive this. I may have a few people come and help with a motor swap in the spring, but I've been saying this for a couple of years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom