And you think some of us are crazy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm also a longtime Porsche owner, but this is nuts!!! Maybe if I had a Harbor Freight welder and some old license plates. Or if bobm made Porsche panels.

That’s awesome!!! I’m planning on checking out some of the cars for Auction Week here in the Valley. Speaking of BAT, I listed my FJ62 there but not sure when it will go live. Hopefully soon.

C007CA52-E9F0-4913-B2DE-431587D852B9.jpeg

D1680E90-F6B0-44FC-8C37-CA279F146234.jpeg

It's got wood floors!...no wait, that's the trailer decking. I like the comments so far. Most of them seem to be saying what we would all say.

Hank...
Getting ready to list a couple of old Honda Trail bikes myself, a '69 CT 110 and a '81 CT90. Seems they're now collectible. I think the high prices for collectible cars are causing some motorheads to look at more affordable alternatives for collecting.
Did a day at Barrett-Jackson a few years ago. In-friggin-credible. Also a fair amount of decently priced stuff scattered around the grounds. Good luck with your listing.
Jim

Hank...
Getting ready to list a couple of old Honda Trail bikes myself, a '69 CT 110 and a '81 CT90. Seems they're now collectible. I think the high prices for collectible cars are causing some motorheads to look at more affordable alternatives for collecting.
Did a day at Barrett-Jackson a few years ago. In-friggin-credible. Also a fair amount of decently priced stuff scattered around the grounds. Good luck with your listing.
Jim
Thanks Jim! I’ll take some pics of BJ for ya. There’s always some wild stuff there. The trail bikes are super hot right now. Got any pics? I love those. Good luck with them!

That’s awesome!!! I’m planning on checking out some of the cars for Auction Week here in the Valley. Speaking of BAT, I listed my FJ62 there but not sure when it will go live. Hopefully soon.

View attachment 2904086

View attachment 2904087
Beautiful 62! I use to have one identical and sold to Greg Miller 9 years ago when we moved to Co. Rumor was it was going into the Heritage museum but apparently they sold it. Loved that Cruiser!

C'mon That'll buff out! :rofl:

Old Porsche's are so red....no WHITE HOT that just about everything is worth saving.

The part I'm most surprised about is that this made it through the approval process at Bring-a-Trailer. That fact alone deserves a @bobm "wtf, wtf, WTF!!!"

Last edited:
Thanks Jim! I’ll take some pics of BJ for ya. There’s always some wild stuff there. The trail bikes are super hot right now. Got any pics? I love those. Good luck with them!
Actually, doublechecked out in the 2nd garage. They're an '83 CT 110 with less than 900 miles and a '69 CT90 with a little over 1100 miles. In the process of obtaining Colorado titles for them now. The red one is the 110 and the yellow one the 90. Fun little bikes...

1983 Trail 110.jpg

1969 Trail 90.jpg

"Clean Virginia Title... No Reserve."

For a raced 356C, that's Gold, right there.

An experienced metal shaper will build a brand new car around the VIN and it will bring big bucks some day. Early Porsches are among some of the easiest to metal shape for talented panel bangers.

There's a 64 356c listed on Marketplace in Sydney for $45k AUD. No panels, interior or drivetrain, bare shell. Crazy.

"Clean Virginia Title... No Reserve."

For a raced 356C, that's Gold, right there.

An experienced metal shaper will build a brand new car around the VIN and it will bring big bucks some day. Early Porsches are among some of the easiest to metal shape for talented panel bangers.
Thats what they do with Chiscraft boats, just need the plate and build the boat around it 🤔😉

I did a little research on 356 reproduction body panels.

It appears as if Stoddard.com has just about every friggen' sheet metal piece for old 356s. Ok, it would cost $10k+ but there's alot of :poop: out there for the 356.

No @KT40.... I'm not thinking about buying another headache even if it's in my home state of Virginia.

whats worth more, the pig or the 62?
That’s a good question. I have no idea what pigs are going for. It seems like they don’t get the collector love other models do but for someone with swine flu, the pig is worth 10x than the 62. Ha!
@riderjgs those bikes are gorgeous! How can you part with them? Those are perfect “Hold my beer!” bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom