Anatomy of a KDSS valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is that tool?
I wouldn't put much effort into it. The level of corrosion locking up many of these screws will laugh at that tool. If it is clean, oiled threads per the video, sure.. but for us this won't do much.

Thank you sir!
Hi i read you article regarding KDSS and find it very informative, i have a question regarding my KDSS my front seems very stiff which rides like a hydrolock compared to the rear. both shocks are new, UCA and LCA is OK, open and closed the 2 allen screws properly max of 3 turns.

This document that I've found for AHC also has some good info for KDSS. Might as well link it here - http://gershon.ucoz.com/TOYOTA/landcruiser200/AHCS/m_ch_0114.pdf

1628995720985.png

1628995763996.png

1628995788966.png

1628995821913.png

1628995886516.png

1628995938831.png

1628995967053.png

1628995999381.png

1628996036682.png

That stuff could have saved me a bunch of writing.. great find! Thanks for posting it.

Hi i read you article regarding KDSS and find it very informative, i have a question regarding my KDSS my front seems very stiff which rides like a hydrolock compared to the rear. both shocks are new, UCA and LCA is OK, open and closed the 2 allen screws properly max of 3 turns.

I don’t see how KDSS could be responsible for your problem. It should only control or allow body roll, not really impact overall shock/spring feel.

That stuff could have saved me a bunch of writing.. great find! Thanks for posting it.

I don’t see how KDSS could be responsible for your problem. It should only control or allow body roll, not really impact overall shock/spring feel.
is there a chance for it to get stuck and limit the compression and rebound?

is there a chance for it to get stuck and limit the compression and rebound?
No, all it does is control whether the sway bars are enabled or disabled, meaning whether the left and right tires are connected in movement. It can't impact how the whole front of the vehicle moves up/down, as in compression or rebound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom