Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rolling monstaliner? Paint or liner on firewall?

I am going to stop the monstaliner at the top of the angled section in the firewal area in the engine bay.

I am going to stop the monstaliner at the top of the angled section in the firewal area in the engine bay.

Lol..RGR - I figured you were just utilizing the product for underneath your cab. Just had to toss out a "chuckle"!!!

Your rig is going to look and be amazing...!

I don't think I am going to get the break in the weather long enough to get the primer down. I ran a test in the garage the other night, running two small heaters to keep the garage warm. The outside temp hit @ 45*F, the temp in my garage fell to 60*F. I need to maintain 65*F according to the manufacturer. I got tied up with other stuff last night, didn't get to finish washing the tub down. I'm close.

I don't think I am going to get the break in the weather long enough to get the primer down. I ran a test in the garage the other night, running two small heaters to keep the garage warm. The outside temp hit @ 45*F, the temp in my garage fell to 60*F. I need to maintain 65*F according to the manufacturer. I got tied up with other stuff last night, didn't get to finish washing the tub down. I'm close.

Story of my life right now...need some 70 degree days! Also debating how much damage would be done if I got a 70 degree day that became a 40 or 50 degree night. All I have is a little electric space heater that definitely won't keep the garage toasty if the temperature drops at night - but I'm also not too interested in waiting until June to paint anything.

Story of my life right now...need some 70 degree days! Also debating how much damage would be done if I got a 70 degree day that became a 40 or 50 degree night. All I have is a little electric space heater that definitely won't keep the garage toasty if the temperature drops at night - but I'm also not too interested in waiting until June to paint anything.

Our local tool rental has various heaters available for an affordable fee. They are closed on Sundays so usually I can talk them into Friday afternoons through Monday morning for one day rental fee.

two small heaters to keep the garage warm

Torpedo @ 75,000 BTU's. Downside = They kick up a little dust. You can mitigate it by building a plastic booth (PVC pipe frame) and watering down your floor. You just wanting a coat of primer to keep the flash rust at bay? You going back to the original Red?

Torpedo @ 75,000 BTU's. Downside = They kick up a little dust. You can mitigate it by building a plastic booth (PVC pipe frame) and watering down your floor. You just wanting a coat of primer to keep the flash rust at bay? You going back to the original Red?

I have a 150,000 BTU floor heater in the shed but I don't want to leave an open flame in the garage all night.

Or feed it LPG all night, even on low.

Same story.

I tried 2 space heaters and the temps fell more than what I would want to risk. Thursday-Friday we have good weather in the forecast but I don't think I want to risk it yet.

I have a 150,000 BTU floor heater in the shed but I don't want to leave an open flame in the garage all night.

Or feed it LPG all night, even on low.

Same story.

I tried 2 space heaters and the temps fell more than what I would want to risk. Thursday-Friday we have good weather in the forecast but I don't think I want to risk it yet.

Yeah, leaving any type of space heater on overnight makes me a little nervous particularly with paint fumes and a coat of oil on virtually every surface.

Yeah, leaving any type of space heater on overnight makes me a little nervous particularly with paint fumes and a coat of oil on virtually every surface.

I'm sure if I burned my house down working on my 40 it would be the end of me. If the fire didn't kill me my wife would!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom