Amayama parts ordering status messages and what they mean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Most make sense, but what does 'ordered from the supplier' mean? Who or what actually *is* the 'supplier'? Is is directly from Toyota itself? Or a subsidiary company of Toyota specifically handling/managing parts stock? or a completely seperate entity not associated with Toyota at all? Or are we not allowed to know anything about how this happens? :cool:

Most make sense, but what does 'ordered from the supplier' mean? Who or what actually *is* the 'supplier'? Is is directly from Toyota itself? Or a subsidiary company of Toyota specifically handling/managing parts stock? or a completely seperate entity not associated with Toyota at all? Or are we not allowed to know anything about how this happens? :cool:
I think it means “please wait a few days while we wait for supplier to inform us the item you ordered has been discontinued and is no longer available.”

I think it means “please wait a few days while we wait for supplier to inform us the item you ordered has been discontinued and is no longer available.”
Still curious as to who/what the 'supplier' is. :cool: Automotive companies seem to have a lot of subsidiary businesses associated with various segments of what they do.

I always assumed it was toyota..been pretty good for me most of the time. Been slower and shipping went up x2 at least since covid.

I haven't had much luck ordering from them, since their inventory doesn't seem to show a real-time reflection of what's available. Their suppliers can be parts houses or other warehouses in Japan.

They will refund your money fairly quickly if they find your had ordered something that said it was available on their site, only to find out it isn't. They are also very responsive on their chat feature, particularly during business hours in Japan.

Normally if Amayama don't have it, very few else have it, except the middle east.

Last time I tried the mid east, my bank called especially to block me from using my credit card to that region, no joke.

Sometimes the local toyota can get stuff but they are bit more expensive.
Partsoq is even slower and more expensive shipping to Oz.

Normally if Amayama don't have it, very few else have it, except the middle east.

Last time I tried the mid east, my bank called especially to block me from using my credit card to that region, no joke.

Sometimes the local toyota can get stuff but they are bit more expensive.
Partsoq is even slower and more expensive shipping to Oz.

I've had good scores with Amayama, partsouq and even megazip. Partsouq and megazip seem to have the most reliable 'live' inventory.

Given landcruisers are such a big deal I'm surprised Toyota doesn't have parts inventory here in Australia, given there used to be (maybe still is) a big parts warehouse at Taren pt in Sydney. Ah maybe not I found a news article from 2020 about it closing down and becoming a generic business park.

Toyota stopped manufacturing vehicles in Australia in 2017, around the same time that both Ford and GM (Holden brand here) stopped manufacturing here. I don't think Landcruiser, Hilux or any of the other Toyota 4wd, ute or van models have ever been produced locally.

'Toyota Motor Corporation Australia (TMCA) is proceeding with its planned departure from the Woolooware Bay site during 2020'

Last edited:
Partsouq is great to the US, most stuff I’ve gotten from them is via DHL. I’ve gotten things faster from them than from domestic parts suppliers.

I thought LC, 4Runner / Hilux Surf were always Japan-only production, though could be wrong on that. It’s surprising that given the popularity of the LC in Australia that they don’t push more parts inventory forward.

Last edited:
Ah so one part I ordered is not available via amayama, but it is via partsouq. Makes me wonder how these massive and distinctly different toyota parts stock inventories came to be...

Ah so one part I ordered is not available via amayama, but it is via partsouq. Makes me wonder how these massive and distinctly different toyota parts stock inventories came to be...
I’ve had pretty good luck with Amayama and Partsouq. Partsouq is fast delivery to Midwest US- about a week average from the orders I’ve placed. Not as fast as Amazon, but pretty darn good by pre-Amazon standards.

If you understand global supply chains, these companies are nothing but middle men for a much larger entity called global commerce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom