Aluminum tub under coating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you who have an aluminum tub, did you under coat the tub to reduce sound and heat? If so, what product would you recommend? Thanks.

I used a self etching primer followed by truck bed liner, EZ Liner by Dominion Sure Seal which product that is available here in Canada. I have also heard that Lizard Skin is recommended by some installers. I would have used that, but it proved to be tough to find here in Canada. So far, I am happy with the result.

I did Monstaliner on both side of the floor and Lizard Skin on both side of the firewall. It's ok but you still hear the rocks bounce off the body as if nothing was there. If I had to do it over again I think I would epoxy primer the tub, then Lizard Skin sound control, then Lizard Skin heat control and then Monstaliner on both sides of the tub. I've heard people have had good results with this combo. No matter what you do, it still a metal box so super quiet probably won't happen ;) Best thing I did to quiet things down a bit was to create floor mats out of Dynamat-Dynadeck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom