All Weather Mat Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone used the Husky liners, also supposed to be fitted for specific vehicle models? I wonder how they compare to WeatherTech.

For the cargo matt, I just use this generic one from Amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B00PV5F2L6

Last edited:
Absolutely anything except Weathertech IMO. My 100 came with Weathertechs in it and they've caused me more frustration than the cost of simply buying something better.

Absolutely anything except Weathertech IMO. My 100 came with Weathertechs in it and they've caused me more frustration than the cost of simply buying something better.
Yeah honestly the Weathertechs seem super overpriced for something that doesn’t use the factory mounting points.

I have had Weather Tech mats in probably my last 10 vehicles and they fit great including a GX and 3rd Gen Tacoma. On several VW they fit so well it was amazing and snapped in with factory fasteners.

With that said I have a set in my 100 and they fit like s***. I wish I would have gone with something else lol

Has anyone used the Husky liners, also supposed to be fitted for specific vehicle models? I wonder how they compare to WeatherTech.

Husky doesn't have fitted mat options for the 100, which is unfortunate. I have Husky in my 200 and they are way nicer than the WeatherTech in my 100. Since Husky is a local Kansas company, I offered them my LC to scan and design mats for it, but they were not interested :rolleyes:

There is a thread about these mats available on ebay. I have a set in all four of my hundys and really like them.

These look pretty good for the price. I bought some weather techs digital fit and I was going to see how the fit was going to be.. If it is crappy I might go for these ones.

A lot of people seem to complain it doesnt fit well. Anyone tried a heat gun and make it form better?

Anyone tried a heat gun and make it form better?

I have heat gunned my WeatherTechs many times... Unless you enjoy using the heat gun every week you won't like the WeatherTechs IMO. The rear fits so poorly you would need more than a heat gun to fix it, the front passenger slides forward and curls—this can be fixed with a heat gun but in my experience the fix lasts a few days then you're back to square one. Hopefully you have better luck, but the WeatherTechs have been highly disappointing for me.

Thanks for all the above info.....I was just about to order WeatherTech's and went with the Ebay rubber mats shown above. At that price it's hard to go wrong, and after just cleaning the carpets......I'd like a little something in there.

EDIT- 5 hours later, I got the shipped notice!

Last edited:
Glad to see everyone trashing Weathertechs. I'm supremely unimpressed with them. I have Huskys in several other Toyotas and they work as they should. Weathertech should spend less on 14 page ad inserts in Car and Driver, and a lot more on product design. I hope they read this rant!

Looks like I'm the only one supremely happy with the WeatherTechs. The front ones are just ingenious with the lip that leads any water out the door onto the outer plastic door sill. Perfect for melting snow e.g. And they sit in place perfectly. Had them for well over 10 years now, might be that the product has changed.
The one for the 2nd row is not that fantastic tho', but it works.

I’m enjoying the Hexomats.
Simple.
They catch dirt and liquid (and BB gun bbs DOH!)
Easy remove to hose down.
No too much slippage.

For our 100 series, Husky Liners doesn’t have the 3D mats aka weatherbeater, what they have is the generic flat rubber mats only. I have them on my RX and they are FAR BETTER than WeatherTechs on all aspects from snug fit, form-retaining design and robustness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom