Alan Podvins 80, again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, looks like my neighbours son bought that heavily modified 80 from Alan Podvin. He went down to meet Alan in Billings Mont last night to pick it up today.
Sean.

Oh man! That is a sweet 80. What a lucky guy!

Hey Junk, why the :eek: ?
Sean

I am assuming you will get a chance to look at it. if so tell us (or even better post pics) of that custom suspension. like did you use the factory mounts (ie. rear/front control arms), what kind of front control arms did he use and what springs are they. is this the same one that was on ebay with the BLING. thanks.

Its the one with the big lift, safari-garrett turbo and the aussi 5spd manual tranny. Yep, as far as I know, the one that was on ebay. I will get a bunch of pics. I am most interested in how it drives compared to my 6" lift.
Sean
Oh ya, Junk, why the :eek: :eek: . :D

[quote author=MTNRAT link=board=2;threadid=9533;start=msg83811#msg83811 date=1073103218]
Its the one with the big lift, safari-garrett turbo and the aussi 5spd manual tranny. Yep, as far as I know, the one that was on ebay. I will get a bunch of pics. I am most interested in how it drives compared to my 6" lift.
Sean
[/quote]

Thats the one i was thinking of. I also was wondering how his custom set up will compare with these new springs. i also just got the 6 inch springs installed and had all my panhard and rear control arms out to put the joints in.. .... I am doing more of a custom set up with the front control arms so was hoping to see how his turned out. by the way when iput my springs on i had no front or rear bumper..... :eek:.......its "pretty" tall.

Did he pull the air bags off (The suspension ones) before he sold it?

I didn't see any air bags in the coils, but it is minus 25 celcius so I did not look too closely, but I did take it for a drive. Pretty quick, steers well enough, and has an exellent clutch.
Sean

If it's on coils he pulled the bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom