Air and exhaust pouring in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While probing around to find the freezing wind I found a constant stream on the inner roof. Tried a bunch of different tapes and found the aluminum adhesive tape is the ticket, went all the way across. This not only cut off the wind blowing in, it stopped the smell of exhaust I was getting, I must have an exhaust manifold leak.
DSC06890.jpg

I used white latex caulk in a squeeze tube on the outside of that piece...after having bits of SNOW sneak thru the gap on mine in the 45, hitting me in the forehead!

Best

Mark A.

I used white latex caulk in a squeeze tube on the outside of that piece...after having bits of SNOW sneak thru the gap on mine in the 45, hitting me in the forehead!

Best

Mark A.

Ha ha, mine does that too. Caulking works great but is a PITA when you want to take the top off for the summer. I'll have to try that aluminum tape.

Ha ha, mine does that too. Caulking works great but is a PITA when you want to take the top off for the summer. I'll have to try that aluminum tape.

I do not see where the aluminum tape is secured to the windshield frame.

:meh:

I do not see where the aluminum tape is secured to the windshield frame.

:meh:

ahh I see now it's at the top of the spacer. Mine doesn't leak there. I don't have the rubber gasket and that's where mine leaks. Guess I need to pay better attention.:hillbilly:

Haha, there should be a "What you can fix with Duct Tape" thread... the most versatile stuff meets the most versatile vehicle!!

i love the good old duct tape fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom