AHC issue? Odd behavior when steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please forgive me if this has been covered but I have had no luck after searching for quite some time.

AHC has been working great, has been flushed, leveled, set with techstream, etc within the last 2 years.

I washed the truck today with a light pressure setting (1700 psi) and may have jarred something in the front wheel well.

The symptoms are odd, but I believe related, and are as follows.
1) Driver side now lower than passenger side,

2) When in park and the steering wheel is moved to the left, the left front sensor dives low hard, and vice versa. When steering wheel is moved to the right, front left AHC raises pretty substantially.

3) When idling into a parking space and anywhere near full steering lock, the truck just stops as if applying the brakes. I see no indication of tires rubbing, but it feels similar.

The small black plastic clip (see pic) is disconnected from the metal bar on the drivers front AHC (Is this the problem?) But nothing else appears loose after lots of strong pulls.
Truck raises and lowers into all three height modes with no issue and no warning lights.
The steering/braking issue also happens when in H, so tire clearance didn't change the outcome.

Really looking for some guidance here before I start throwing money at possible part solutions.

The pictures are the driver front AHC with broken clip (newer sensor) and passenger front with black plastic clip intact.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Ryan

20240216_145739.jpg

20240216_145850.jpg

Disregard. I fixed it. Just when I thought I had every expensive bulb replaced in the dash cluster, I realized that my 3 year old son who was "helping" me wash the truck selected the diff lock on! I'm an idiot.

Also... is that black clip a necessary part? Looks like it only limits travel.

Disregard. I fixed it. Just when I thought I had every expensive bulb replaced in the dash cluster, I realized that my 3 year old son who was "helping" me wash the truck selected the diff lock on! I'm an idiot.

Also... is that black clip a necessary part? Looks like it only limits travel.
The Post #398 found at the link below provides an explanation of the "black clip" .....

I've had "help" like that. Glad it was simple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom