AHC - is this normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I watched my wife back out of the garage this morning and for the first time I noticed that when she started it (‘07 LX 470) the height raised and lowered slightly, like it was adjusting itself. She parks in low AHC mode each time. Is this normal?

It's perfectly normal for the suspension to adjust any time all of the doors are closed on the vehicle.

There is nothing wrong with parking in 'Low'; that is the whole point of having that feature. As long as she isn't trying to drive it anywhere in 'Low' it's a non-issue. And, the 'default' will raise it back up when it gets up to speed.

Everything is wear and tear. I use mine all the time. It's a luxury, why not use it?
The system constantly runs and adjusts heights at all time. Putting in low does no more wear than driving to the store.

People are so strange with AHC. The brake system of the 100 uses a nearly identical hydraulic system for the brakes. Constantly running high pressure accumulator/pump with a network of valves. That system runs non-stop and lasts decades.... just like AHC.

There are plenty of people that refuse to use a feature on a vehicle because they are afraid of wearing it out. What's the friggin' point of having the feature if you won't use it?

My '99 LX has 309k on the original AHC. It gets manually operated all the time and still works like new. I love the low setting.
Maybe they owned German cars before? Really common to have "features" break on those landfills at relatively low miles.

I use every feature my LX has to offer, even the cassette deck and DVD changer despite having a GROM bluetooth device.

I honestly don't know how I could ever own another SUV that doesn't have AHC. It's such a great feature of these vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom