AHC Inop after fluid change 2007 lx C1751 and C1762 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you tried this? I'm honestly not sure if that's an automated bleed or if they're expecting you to bleed manually while running that while keeping height below max.

16060820825322424408531579174776.jpg

If your height sensors are good not unattached anywhere and all your electrical connection point to being good after testing for continuity & voltage per fsm it has to be a worn pump (unlikely) or clog either inside the pump or between the accumulator and pump. I saw a thread of a disassembled pump with internal screens- i'm looking for that thread.
Could you post photos for the rest of diagnostics for code c1751?

Have you tried this? I'm honestly not sure if that's an automated bleed or if they're expecting you to bleed manually while running that while keeping height below max.

View attachment 2503687
Do you think that diagram depicts jumping at the obd-2 with a piece of wire.
Could you post photos for the rest of diagnostics for code c1751?
yea in a minute i'm trying to understand what Supra posted a minute ago. Hang on

Last edited:
Ok bro good luck im out of suggestions at this point. Where did you find the port location to jumper the connector that supra posted where you said you tried several times?

Ok bro good luck im out of suggestions at this point. Where did you find the port location to jumper the connector that supra posted where you said you tried several times?
It's under the hood along the passenger side. You can use it or the obd port in the car. Thanks for you help today!

It's under the hood along the passenger side. You can use it or the obd port in the car. Thanks for you help today!
You're welcome I wish we had a resolution today. You might try taking it for a drive its possible the clog I think is in there will dislodge itself from use. probably won't hurt to try a little spin around the block.

Here's another thing to try - loosen your torsion bars (bring them down). See if that helps get the front pressures back in to spec. You have said you messed with the torsion bars previously, right? If you can, put them back in their original position.

Point is to rule out whether the torsion bar adjustment has fux0red things up, or not.

Ok, I read through this a little more thoroughly this time. I would consider buying a new pump and pump relay. Especially if you'd ever timed the raising before and found it to be longer than normal (don't have the times memorized, but I could look them up if needed).

IMO, the pump in the AHC system is a reasonable maintenance item if you plan on keeping the car for more than 5 years. It's not *that* expensive and high pressure pumps like that do wear out eventually. Same for the relay.

A worthwhile test: get a light *IN* the reservoir or right at the opening so you can see the fluid level as clearly as possible. Setup a camera or get a friend/spouse and watch the fluid reservoir as you try to get up to N. If you can see fluid moving, you know the pump works at least a little. If fluid isn't moving, I think you have a dead or very weak/worn pump. If fluid moves, the pump should be ok. Watch the reservoir again as you go back to L. You should see fluid rush back into the reservoir and the level rise.

It's odd to me that you're clearly getting some pressure as your pressures and heights are moving, but not enough pressure to successfully charge the accumulator and raise the car. A blockage sounds like a good explanation, but it seems bizarre it would happen during a bleed procedure which just mimics typical behavior for the system.

Good luck. I'm following this to learn what's going on. It's a bummer to have a simple maintenance task turn into an ordeal.

Here's another thing to try - loosen your torsion bars (bring them down). See if that helps get the front pressures back in to spec. You have said you messed with the torsion bars previously, right? If you can, put them back in their original position.

Point is to rule out whether the torsion bar adjustment has fux0red things up, or not.
You're welcome I wish we had a resolution today. You might try taking it for a drive its possible the clog I think is in there will dislodge itself from use. probably won't hurt to try a little spin around the block.
I'll try... not sure it means anything but eventually the fluid level did go down during those additional data captures earlier...

Ok, I read through this a little more thoroughly this time. I would consider buying a new pump and pump relay. Especially if you'd ever timed the raising before and found it to be longer than normal (don't have the times memorized, but I could look them up if needed).

IMO, the pump in the AHC system is a reasonable maintenance item if you plan on keeping the car for more than 5 years. It's not *that* expensive and high pressure pumps like that do wear out eventually. Same for the relay.

A worthwhile test: get a light *IN* the reservoir or right at the opening so you can see the fluid level as clearly as possible. Setup a camera or get a friend/spouse and watch the fluid reservoir as you try to get up to N. If you can see fluid moving, you know the pump works at least a little. If fluid isn't moving, I think you have a dead or very weak/worn pump. If fluid moves, the pump should be ok. Watch the reservoir again as you go back to L. You should see fluid rush back into the reservoir and the level rise.

It's odd to me that you're clearly getting some pressure as your pressures and heights are moving, but not enough pressure to successfully charge the accumulator and raise the car. A blockage sounds like a good explanation, but it seems bizarre it would happen during a bleed procedure which just mimics typical behavior for the system.

Good luck. I'm following this to learn what's going on. It's a bummer to have a simple maintenance task turn into an ordeal.
I'm at the new/used pump step. Trying to source one here on Mud. Should have that nailed down in the next few days.

The pump relay is the same as the abs relay (per another post). The results from the fsm testing of the ahc relay were a little suspect. I got the correct ohms but didn't get the continuity beep. I swapped for the abs relay which is identical which did have the continuity beep. My conclusion is that the relay is fine since the swap did not change things for the ahc nor did it give me an abs light. Maybe this is flawed logic please correct me if I'm wrong.

Before this adventure times were never more than 30 seconds. Not sure that this means anything but I was also surprised that my front pressure was spot on at 6.9 and my back pressure was just slightly elevated at 7.0 despite from what I can tell from the comprehensive maintenance records provided by the first owner that the torsion bars were never touched and the rear springs are factory original. Almost seems impossible for a 13 year old vehicle with 163K... It was a single older male who used it quite a bit to travel and never off road but still.

Fluid reservoir moves sometimes when pump runs, sometimes it does not. I posted a video earlier of the pump running and the fluid level did not move. Later in the day it did move. It moves when it wants to. Also very significant I think is that since the initial blead I have gotten almost nothing from the height accumulator with subsequent attempted bleads. The corners blead fine.... At the beginning of the day I was thinking air or debris but after all the diagnostics I've ran, research, and input I feel like it is more likely the pump...

I'll try... not sure it means anything but eventually the fluid level did go down during those additional data captures earlier...

Threads I was thinking of looking for earlier with pump disassembled-Look at the crud

Threads I was thinking of looking for earlier with pump disassembled-Look at the crud

Wowsa, I never saw those pics. That is some gnarly slime. That's making me think it's worth @aharlan001 taking the pump out for a cleaning. I wonder if some of that got caught in the accumulator and is the cause for the lack of bleeding there.

Wowsa, I never saw those pics. That is some gnarly slime. That's making me think it's worth @aharlan001 taking the pump out for a cleaning. I wonder if some of that got caught in the accumulator and is the cause for the lack of bleeding there.
It is going to be awhile before I have time for that type of tear down. This unfortunately is going on the back burner for awhile. I might have time to swap a new pump if I get one. Only trouble is if that garbage is downstream it isn't going to be fixed by cleaning out or changing out the pump... Took it for a 10 min drive, nothing new to report...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom