Aftermarket seat for '69 FJ-40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a good seat for steet and offroad use. Would like a 3 or four point harness capability. Most places I've checked you have to purchase a pair but want to keep my bench seat. Any help appreciated. John :idea:

I just bought the Corbeau Moabs and I love them. They are very comfortable, have holes for 4 point restraints, and recline. Plus, they fit standard heep bolt patterns so existing frame rails from $OR will fit.

My $.02

I am a huge fan of the Procar Rallys in a 40. I had them in my 40 and loved them. Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters runs them in his 40 as well. Great seats although they can be a bit tight if you're a big guy. I'm 5.9" , 160lbs and they were perfect for me.

Last edited:
Another option is to get a seat from the junkyard. I got
two seats from a wrecked Honda Civic for $50, and they fit my
1972 FJ40's existing seat frame with only minor modifications -
no welding, just some drilling. I bought a 3-point shoulder belt
from CCOT, which also fit quite easily.

anything out there good for waterproofing? It rains damned near everyday here, but not bad enough to put on the top.
I'm looking at getting vinyl seats. is that stuff somewhat waterproof?

I"m running Mazda 626 seats...very comfy... adjustable up/down on drivers, leans, bolster adjusters, front raise, lumbar... I'm 6'5" and need adjustability to sit right...;p

They need to be bolted down better...but I've got lots of other projects to finish first ;)
seats (Medium).jpg

Another option is to get a seat from the junkyard. I got
two seats from a wrecked Honda Civic for $50, and they fit my
1972 FJ40's existing seat frame with only minor modifications -
no welding, just some drilling. I bought a 3-point shoulder belt
from CCOT, which also fit quite easily.

This is a good budget option. I picked up a set of Civic seats for my minitruck for $50 off another board. I liked the deeper side bolsters in the Procars I had in my 40 but the Civic seats were nice and comfy and you can't beat the price.

seats.jpg

jrfj40 - the seats I used were out of a mid-1990s Civic -
sorry to say I don't know the exact year. I got them at
Blake's Salvage in Erie, CO.

-Phrog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom