aftermakret exhuast systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what kind of aftermakret exhaust systems are there for late model 40's. i know i've heard of a few but just wanted to here what you guys thought. are they worth the money and do they sopund nice? thanks

The inline 6 is never going to have that v-8 rumble, so they aren't ever going to really sound great, I have a custom system from PO, but that sewing machine F is much louder than the exhaust note.
IMO fancy exhaust ain't for 40's, they aren't ever going to really sound that great. (unless you are one of the chevota people)
However, If I really wanted one that sounded good, I would go to a muffler shop and have them weld up a Delta 40 Flowmaster. I heard a I-6 Ford with one that sounded very nice, not sure how it would sound on the 'yota I-6 though.

Get a estimate from a local muffler shop to bend you a system. Chances are it will cost you less than what $or wants. I priced a system from the header back from $or and it would have cost me alot more than what my local shop wanted.

Yeah, just did that. $170 for new exhaust from header back included a flowmaster and custom bent pipes above the skidplate. Don't think it goes any faster, but at 60 mph with the exhaust and mudders, we're making music.

I have headers with 2.5" pipe back to a 40 series flowmaster. I was asked several times this past weekend if I had a 350 in it. Although it is a bit louder than I would have liked, I got a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom