Builds ADVFamilyHauler Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did the fog lights on anytime mod. Allows the use of the fog lights without having the headlights on. Still bummed that the fogs turn off when the brights are on but not the end of the world. At least now during heavy snowstorms I will be able to have just the fogs on. Here is the YouTube how to video.

98A9E0F3-2ED0-4D1A-96B7-9C632DE3280C.jpeg

Thats an awesome mod! Adding that to my list

Bumper showed up today. Went straight home after work to get it installed. Didn’t have enough time to install the winch since it requires moving some lines out of the way. Really love the quality craftsmanship the guys at Demello put into this bumper. Highly recommend Demello to anybody else looking for a bumper for their GX. Can’t say thank you enough to Erick at state48overland for hooking me up with a great deal and giving me updates throughout the whole process. So thanks Erick! He has everything you would need for your vehicle and he is the first guy I call whenever I need aftermarket parts.

Really loving the KC G4 Amber foglights. They should do great in all the snow we get up here in Montana.

Huge thanks as well to Jake for helping me install the bumper today. Couldn’t have done it without his help. I don’t know if he had more fun drinking beer and installing a bumper or blowing bubbles with my daughter.

A7903BF6-C347-47AC-9347-6BCAC242490B.jpeg

EE3982DF-49C4-4516-9718-80FA6B93BD13.jpeg

872435C6-4D4F-4DAF-A6B9-E088FE1A9ED8.jpeg

99A72E29-F682-481A-8DB8-A8DC0C913FBC.jpeg

0ED8A1D8-8CCC-4D55-A233-EB65358223B1.jpeg

Installed a Superwinch Tiger Shark 11500lb winch. Also noticed the Demello bumper is rubbing on the hood. Will need to take a grinder to my brand new powder coated bumper.

1B34C9F5-83C8-4967-9103-44B759A22A24.jpeg

FEC56D34-5E0A-4F7D-BA86-898DB3892560.jpeg

F486EA64-5BAC-4578-B3D3-49347C679A4D.jpeg

Rig looks great!

Also the body / frame flex can be ridiculous. I've noticed an almost an inch of play when twisting hard. Just something to keep in mind with the front bumper.

Rig looks great!

Also the body / frame flex can be ridiculous. I've noticed an almost an inch of play when twisting hard. Just something to keep in mind with the front bumper.
Thanks, yeah I am used to a lot of flex with my old Tacoma. But for the bumper to be touching the hood when not even flexed is just absurd for a $1600 bumper.

Maybe you can adjust the hood bump stops?
Or slide it slightly forward at the hinges.
I'd call Demelo before taking a flap disc to it.
Looks nice though!

Maybe you can adjust the hood bump stops?
Or slide it slightly forward at the hinges.
I'd call Demelo before taking a flap disc to it.
Looks nice though!
Hood is level with the fenders. Mine is 1 of 3 GX’s with the new laser cut bumpers that have this issue. Not sure if it was an issue with the original bumpers. Here is the response I have gotten from a vender for Demello. In the end it’s much easier to just take a grinder to the bumper.

My findings on last week's customer bumper:
  • I noticed right off the one piece hood/grille seemed a little lower than the fender level, so we did one full counter clockwise turn of the rubber hood isolators, lengthening them which brought the hood/grille up and about 1/8" any higher the hood would be above the fender lines on his vehicle. Some may be able to get away with 1 1/2-2 full turns and give yourself enough gap on the rub area.
  • I discovered the vertical adjustment slot for the inside frame bolt (the one that remains and is not removed) can not be larger, because the flange nut will not fit under the winch plate. So our customer's driver side had tighter gap, we used 3 thick washers between the frame/bumper bracket, for the 3 vertical bolts. It pushed it forward just enough.
  • The side adjustment slots on the frame/bumper bracket might be improved an 1/8-1/4", for both holes on each side (total of 4) which would allow the bumper to be push forward a bit more and clear the rub area.
  • We noticed the front body mounts were old and worn a bit. Pretty easy to get to. So we shimmed them up with a thick washer and a long pry bar. Each side done. Passenger side required removing the windshield washer reservoir temporarily to get to the body mount bolt.
In all we were able to get an extra 1/4" of gap, no rub on the grille or fender sides on the bumper.

Last edited:
Got it aligned the other day, I figured it would be off after I added the new bumper, winch and after the suspension settled. It was still within specs but they adjusted it a little bit.

Also ordered a Baja designs Onx6+ 30” light bar to go on top of the front bumper.

E4A65A4C-5A9E-48C5-A7A6-57E807AEA884.jpeg

Picked up some rotella gas truck oil from Wally World, hard to beat with a $10 mail in rebate up to $40. Ended up getting 4 jugs. I already replaced the oil in my sequoia with it, start ups are a little quieter.

0466E007-B5BF-4A9A-93D1-12C7D09432F9.jpeg

what light bar is that? thought about putting one there but not 100% sure. looks good tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom