Builds ADVFamilyHauler Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, it will be on the roof full time. Don’t live in an area with high crime. Now that I say that it will probably be stolen :bang:

Run a few bolts through it into the rack and it will stay your's. A small lag bolt with the nut inside the case would make it tough for a thief to get a purchase on.

A few holes with some silicone over them wont let water in if that's a concern.

Just incase...

Run a few bolts through it into the rack and it will stay your's. A small lag bolt with the nut inside the case would make it tough for a thief to get a purchase on.

A few holes with some silicone over them wont let water in if that's a concern.

Just incase...
I have it mounted with 4 carriage bolts through the case to the prinsu rack. Put some silicone on before the 1 1/4” washers to make it waterproof. I have heard about thieves unscrewing the crossbars and taking everything.

Almost forgot the most important item. The throwing axe.

3EB66F18-BB74-4525-B804-8201122FCA3C.jpeg

so I noticed you have the firestone air bags off the factory compressor. how hard was this? I had firstone air bags on my 17 tacoma, and have them on our 97 FJ80 hunting rig so the install isn't a concern, it's how to hook them up to the factory compressor, and the longevity of this setup. in full disclosure, I haven't even looked under the GX other than to be sure there was 0 rust when I bought it.

so I noticed you have the firestone air bags off the factory compressor. how hard was this? I had firstone air bags on my 17 tacoma, and have them on our 97 FJ80 hunting rig so the install isn't a concern, it's how to hook them up to the factory compressor, and the longevity of this setup. in full disclosure, I haven't even looked under the GX other than to be sure there was 0 rust when I bought it.
I had them hooked up to the compressor at first but the compressor was sucking the air out of them and collapsing the bags. I have since disconnected the compressor and I went old school with the valves that came with the bags. I keep them at 5psi and when loaded I pump them up as needed.

interesting. wonder why that was...

your build is pretty close to exactly what I'm going for. infact I think you sold me on buying the RRW rims as they're 0 offset and I wasn't sure if I could fit 34's with 0 offset. I almost went with the Cooper Discovery AT3's as well... but decided on the Maxx's since I don't drive all that much (live 1.5 miles from work and walk most of the time) and so the ratio of on/off road will be more 60/40.

interesting. wonder why that was...

your build is pretty close to exactly what I'm going for. infact I think you sold me on buying the RRW rims as they're 0 offset and I wasn't sure if I could fit 34's with 0 offset. I almost went with the Cooper Discovery AT3's as well... but decided on the Maxx's since I don't drive all that much (live 1.5 miles from work and walk most of the time) and so the ratio of on/off road will be more 60/40.
I had the cooper st maxx on my old Tacoma in 285/75/16 and I liked them a lot. They just weighed a lot and wore pretty fast. I miss living 1/2 a mile away from work.

Looks like a solid mount! Did you use the 5th gen 4runner model? Id like to get one for my 4th gen and they dont seem to make a specific one... Thanks! Rig looks great BTW!
It is a GX470 mount, I like it but wish they boxed it in a little more. It has a little wiggle. Weird how they don’t make one for a 4th gen. Have you contacted them yet? Thanks, I will have this rig until the wheels fall off.

Good to hear, minus the wiggle..nothing a little extra support couldn't fix maybe but i know that is another project/custom fix to add to the list:) I will reach out to them as they do look very well built compared to other options. Cheers!

It is a GX470 mount, I like it but wish they boxed it in a little more. It has a little wiggle. Weird how they don’t make one for a 4th gen. Have you contacted them yet? Thanks, I will have this rig until the wheels fall off.
interesting. only way I can find it on their site is to google Rago GX470 Antenna mount and following a link

But if I follow their website to gx470, it's not listed... nor is it listed under mounting options...

Glad you posted up, I thought it might have been a case of it no longer being made

interesting. only way I can find it on their site is to google Rago GX470 Antenna mount and following a link

But if I follow their website to gx470, it's not listed... nor is it listed under mounting options...

Glad you posted up, I thought it might have been a case of it no longer being made
Yeah I had to google it as well.

Got them attached with titanstraps. The 14” ones will work great for 2 and 4 boards. Now to figure out how to lock them onto the rack.

DC08D715-DE27-428D-B745-F3363907B576.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom