Adding SC to my 99 GCC build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm sure James told you. I'm in WA and just had a cruiser shop install mine in the past few months. My belt was super tight initially. I ended up having the shop install a new tensioner which they said is redesigned. With the new tensioner it is not maxxed out anymore and there is some play.

I'm sure James told you. I'm in WA and just had a cruiser shop install mine in the past few months. My belt was super tight initially. I ended up having the shop install a new tensioner which they said is redesigned. With the new tensioner it is not maxxed out anymore and there is some play.
I also got a new tensioner but had to get smaller belt. Apparently tensioner here is smaller.

Making progress. Changing to custom Intake. Oem intake was holding boost at 4 psi. Hopefully a new one will get SC closer to 6psi and better numbers on the dyno

20220404_132415.jpg

Maxxecu Bluetooth mdash app is great. Still working on few issues . Tqe converter staying locked to long while cruising . Big clunk on decel. Only boosting to 4 psi with stock intake. Hoping to resolve and get it back on dyno this week.

20220404_132415.jpg

Nice work! What’s your plan with this unit? Dune ripper?

Nice work! What’s your plan with this unit? Dune ripper?
It's my daily but does spend some time in the dunes. I am building while I'm here working in Dubai with plan of importing it when it turns 25 back to US.
Next up is finsih up so general maintenance/renewing. Front diff bushings is about all that's left.

-Then ASP crank pulley ( 4 week lead time but I won't pick it up until I'm visiting in the summer)
-Then Bullet custom headers and exhaust (as quite as possible but with plenty of air flow).
- back on Dyno and fingers crossed no bent rods

If any issues pop up will likely get a core here and rebuild another one with little less compression and big rods.

Honestly It's just a hobby. Besides some low level dune riding with local off road club it only see the mall .

Goal of 350 whp with ability to take the summer heat at over 125+ degrees. It was 300 but we reached that a little early.

Going through what's next on list . Testing driving to make sure all is tuned and running well on standalone ecu.
Nomad heavy duty valve body likely the next upgrade before upping boost, dual methanol nozzles, and dull exhaust.

Anyone else on here bring 2uz to 350 whp range without it letting go? I can only find info from Tundra forum and mostly higher boost with not so great engine management, detonation etc.

Plan is to keep with the same plan of timing and afr conservative while making more power. Big intake, free flow headers, lots of methanol and 9 psi boost.. if rods go, they go .

All thoughts welcome!

20220408_212144.jpg

Sorry for the not so great pics. Went Long tube headers into stock muffler . Hope to have overdrive pulley on this week for a few more psi.

I have been thinking about running E85 in my Sc'd 100. Have you given any thought to doing this? J1000 on this forum has installed it on his naturally aspirated 2006 LX and it improved performance. He said that the loss in mileage was only about 15% per gallon. Given the need for 91 or 93 with the charger anyway, E85 may be a winner.

The headers look awesome.

I have been thinking about running E85 in my Sc'd 100. Have you given any thought to doing this? J1000 on this forum has installed it on his naturally aspirated 2006 LX and it improved performance. He said that the loss in mileage was only about 15% per gallon. Given the need for 91 or 93 with the charger anyway, E85 may be a winner.

The headers look awesome.
If I had the option here I would definitely go e85 with ethanol sensor and then tune for it. Then I could get rig of the methanol injection. With e85 should be able to run tq/hp to limit without knock similar to methanol but without the extra tank and would be easier to tune for I would think.

Only experience in have with e85 is running it in my Subaru wrx . Added ethanol sensor, fuel pump, open exhaust and tuning and it gained 100hp with no knock.

For anyone following im putting overdrive pulley on today and will try to get some video. Not sure how to explain headers sounds. They are loud when really on the gas but no rumble through huge stock muffler and resonator. No droan or even a hum while cruising. Supercharger through intake screams like a siren at WOT and possible even louder with the headers.

Damnnn. What headers and exhaust is that. Excited to see the new power output with header and exhaust.

Custom made stainless headers and 3" Y pipe from Bullet performance . The Y pipe goes into stock muffler ( they replaced inlet to muffler with 3")

Very nice, the fabricator did such a good job. Would you know how much something like that would typically cost in US dollars?

Can we get some audio from this beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom