Add-a-leaf/Shackels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i found a add-a-leaf but i was wondering if anyone know the difference between the rancho 1.5 aal or the rancho long set aal.. ive tried searching. the price is 15$ between the two. Also has anyone added a leaf to the front,ive searched and found tons of rears but no fornts. Im thinking of throwing a set of shackels on to. i found a pair for 49.00 , and with a 1.5"add-a-leaf and 1.5" shackels am i going to need to get a new set of shock or will the stock ones have enough travel. thanks

Last edited:
The add a leafs will stiffen the ride a bit. Are your springs sagging a lot or are you trying to gain lift?

Ed<<<<<<<<:D

The rear is saggin a litte bit, i dunno if its beacue of my hardtop, Im getting ready to take it off and see if it helps out. If not i am looking to throw one in. I am also looking for a lift. I guess the best i can find is 600$ from rough country. Im not looking for anyting fancy i just need to get this thing up in the air right for the cheapest price.ill almost be spending 500 on add a leafs and shackels, i might as well spend 150$ more and get a kit with leafs shocks u bolts. and i still have to buy bushing but whatever.

My cruiser came with add-a-leafs (not necessarily that specific brand) on all for corners. Also Downey Off Road 1rst gen. shackle reversal and SUA. Been driving & wheeling it for a year. Only issue with the leaves so far has been the propensity of the leaf, clamp bracket, nuts to work loose.

Even with this experience, I would not recommend the set-up. Purchase appropriate spring packs for the front. It is a safety issue for you, your passengers and the public at large.

The rear is saggin a litte bit, i dunno if its beacue of my hardtop, Im getting ready to take it off and see if it helps out. If not i am looking to throw one in. I am also looking for a lift. I guess the best i can find is 600$ from rough country. Im not looking for anyting fancy i just need to get this thing up in the air right for the cheapest price.ill almost be spending 500 on add a leafs and shackels, i might as well spend 150$ more and get a kit with leafs shocks u bolts. and i still have to buy bushing but whatever.

Well, I would post up in the wanted section of the classifieds and see what's out there. I picked up a 2.5" set of springs, bushings and shocks(brand new) from a mudder for $300. There are always guys wanting to go SOA with a set of stockers and ditch their spring lift, so maybe you could work out a deal with one of them.
Re-arching and AAL are kinda like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. There is not much more work involved in swapping out springs, plus you get new bushings, a big plus, IMO.

GL

Ed

Yea, well I think im going to go with the black diamond lift, 600$ shipped, everything i need except a set of greaseable shackels. steering stablizer. Im going to be putting my Hardtop up for sale , then my smog pump and accesories once i get them off. So that should help me out greatly on the price of the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom