active trac lights start blinking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2000 lx 470 active trac light blink for few seconds then feel like vehicle goes into lock mode , then once blinking stops , it drives back to normal . i went to 2 independent lexus/ toyota mechanic , did test drove it and unfortunately active trac did not turn on . they tested it and said no codes on their tester. pls help ty. im in socal

You can start by checking all 4 brake sensors on each corner. That no lines are cut or damaged.

Next, check brake fluid level on the reservoir. May need to flush and refill with new fluid provided you bleed and extract any air pockets in the line.

You can start by checking all 4 brake sensors on each corner. That no lines are cut or damaged.

Next, check brake fluid level on the reservoir. May need to flush and refill with new fluid provided you bleed and extract any air pockets in the line.
it just come out every now and then , today x3 it happened, last time was about 3-4 weeks . no other lights except the active trac blinks for a few seconds then it clears then truck drives back to normal

it just come out every now and then , today x3 it happened, last time was about 3-4 weeks . no other lights except the active trac blinks for a few seconds then it clears then truck drives back to normal
also it happens at a low speed , less 10mph making turns

wheel bearing ?
will that activate activ trac light? it blinks for a few seconds and truck wont move and once blinking is gone , its back to normal . thats the only light on the dash , had it check at 2 independent lexus shop and no codes shows up ,

This.
Plus, while checking the sensors inspect the sensor rings on the axle shafts. Look into the sensor hole with a flashlight and while turning the axle look for debris stuck to the ring. If you see anything reach in with a q-tip and clean it off.

This.
Plus, while checking the sensors inspect the sensor rings on the axle shafts. Look into the sensor hole with a flashlight and while turning the axle look for debris stuck to the ring. If you see anything reach in with a q-tip and clean it off.
ty so much for ur help🙏🙏

Had the same issue a few weeks ago. Mine did it when driving up onramps turning either left or right. Turned out to be the steering angle sensor.

Had the same issue a few weeks ago. Mine did it when driving up onramps turning either left or right. Turned out to be the steering angle sensor.
How did you figure out it was the steering sensor? Is there a troubleshooting step you have? Also did this throw a CEL?

Thanks

How did you figure out it was the steering sensor? Is there a troubleshooting step you have? Also did this throw a CEL?

Thanks

I took it to the dealer after multiple attempts from local mechanic was not able to find the issue. They hooked it up to their computer and it showed a 200 degree off center from steering wheel. After they replaced the steering sensor i have not had the issue any longer the vehicle tracks straight.

I took it to the dealer after multiple attempts from local mechanic was not able to find the issue. They hooked it up to their computer and it showed a 200 degree off center from steering wheel. After they replaced the steering sensor i have not had the issue any longer the vehicle tracks straight.

I wonder if the steering angle sensor shows up on Techstream. I am willing to be it does. @rudyboy put that on your list of items you need to check to troubleshoot this problem.

I wonder if the steering angle sensor shows up on Techstream. I am willing to be it does. @rudyboy put that on your list of items you need to check to troubleshoot this problem.
Pretty sure it does. Also try a zero point calibration. I've never heard of a sensor going bad it may just need a reset.

I always check for looseness in front end first. (very often more than 1 issue found)
  1. Wheel bearings set to loose. #1 cause I find. Only 2 in 20 have been something else.
  2. Ball joints.
  3. TRE.
  4. Rack & pinion mounting bushing.
  5. Rack & pinion gears shot.
  6. Stabilizer system and or shock. Excessive body roll or bounce.
  7. T-bars set to loose.
  8. Intermediate shaft U joints shot (steering wheel shaft to rack & pinion)

If all else checks out. Check and re set steering angle and Zero point calibration. (Make sure the hold setting.)

Wheel speed sensor failure will generlly active a DTC (code in tech stream)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom