Access to rear seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcustom73

Stretched it...
Threads
I am going to be putting seats from a Suzuki Sami in the rear of my stretched daily driven FJ40 to give my daughter somewhere comfortable to sit. I'll be putting some Corbeau Baja RS seats in the front and need to come up with a seat frame that will give my daughter and other passengers fairly easy access to get to rear seats.

Standard seat silder under the seat, will leave the frame in the way. Something like the flip up frame under a heep seat would be nice, but the ones I've seen aren't made for a flat floor like the one in my Aqualu tub.

Anybody ever come across a similar situation that could help me out. I'm stumped on this one :confused:

Enter from the rear thats the way we all do it... the 40 was not designed to enter from the front even though the seats fold forward there is not enough room to get through like other vehicles.

BTW how stretched is your 40 got any pics

I have a sammie rear set up also. We've always just flung the girls in the front door and let them crawl back and buckle up them selves. Always worked good for me!
Older L/Cs had a 2-piece front seat that folded up like you described to access the tool box under the seat. You might try to modify one of those seat/frame assemblies to work for you.
A project like this might become a 5-6 banana job:hmm:

Dieseler, my 40 is stretched 27" ( take a look at my build thread in my signature)

3daman, my little one is only going to be 5 by the time I get her in there but maybe she'll be old enough to do what you mention.

Still going to work on a solution for at least the passenger side (don't want to un-adjust the driver seat all the time)

I know this may be a little late into the build, but have you considered a forward opening half door as part of the passenger door? Something along the lines of what Saturn was doing with some of their cars and Xtra Cab trucks have now?

Jump in the back any way you can get in there. With yours being streched, it's going to be easier than stock to get in from the front.

How about this?

From the ICON. Jeep style..
TLC-Icon-9.jpg

Last edited:
I agree and that's what my girl does is jump in from the side climbing up the tire. I have corbeau seats and thats about the only option

I have Recaro front seats in my 40 and yes it is aggrevating getting in the back but I am 6'2" and 230 lbs. and I manage plus my family here is all little Pilipinos haa haa! But I have a hardtop and lift hatch with side swing gates with a mini van high back rear seat and it folds up flat but access to the seat from the rear is definately a no go.

crazygreek, the picture of the icon is how I would like mine to work. Now if I could only find a frame that will work on a flat floor or maybe find a way to make stock jeep bracket work. Too bad there's to much snow to go to the bone yard for some scavenging. Stay tune....

crazygreek, the picture of the icon is how I would like mine to work. Now if I could only find a frame that will work on a flat floor or maybe find a way to make stock jeep bracket work. Too bad there's to much snow to go to the bone yard for some scavenging. Stay tune....

Those are Jeep seat frames. For a TJ I think. Flat floor... The ICON uses the Aqualu tub...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom