accelorator linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
its obvious my carb and air cleaner assembly has been altered its now a weber carb,
1)how do i know if the linkage was altered as well?
2)do i need to change the linkage to go back stock or to a troll hole carb?

What Fast Eddie asked and is it mechanical linkage or cable? BTW, I believe Trollhole has carbs for both cable and mechanical linkages. Good luck.

Whether cable or rod linkage, chances are it was modded to run with the Weber.

To run a stock carb, it will depend on year. Generally speaking though a.Trollhole has carbs set up both ways if you want to go that route. You will also need a stock insulator and air cleaner, and there may be clearance issues with the air cleaner depending on what other mods have been done.

You will get better advise with more input on year, mods, and a pic or two of the engine compartment.

Best

Mark A.

its a 72 with F engine, the carb is actually a holley, (there was a weber box with all the crap that came from PO. looks like cable, I also found a wire disconnected between the carb and the heads, comes through the fire wall with the choke,(sorry first carbed vehicle since my harley), and it was easy to look at everything from controls to carb at same time by myself,
here are two pics, one of the carb and cleaner, one of the pedal(ihope) let me know if there is a different picture needed, obviously i'm not working in the best of light this time of year
IMAG0716.jpg
IMAG0720.jpg

You will probably need another cable. Not sure how the troll hole carbs link up in the F engine. Hat's picture raises more concerns than answers, as the slack in the cable and the cable housing don't indicate if the cable ANGLE is actually correct.

The pic does correctly not that you need to install a carb insulator to go back to stock.

Best

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom