ACC Fall Gathering at GMP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hear ya. They build them by hand and test run them to burn them in. They are much brighter than most of the retail options. I am absolutely impressed with their harnesses and quality.

I'm in the market for a light bar and some cubes for the front bumper but can't figure out who this manufacturer you guys are raving about. I back tracked the thread about 5 pages and got lazy. So who is it?

Do we have a tentative headcount for dinner Friday? I want to know how much I need to buy of whatever side dish I end up getting.

Friday morning can't come fast enough!

Do we have a tentative headcount for dinner Friday? I want to know how much I need to buy of whatever side dish I end up getting.

I'm not sure Matt. I'm going to wait until we get up there to go get the burgers and dogs. That way I can see who all is gonna be there.

I'm in the market for a light bar and some cubes for the front bumper but can't figure out who this manufacturer you guys are raving about. I back tracked the thread about 5 pages and got lazy. So who is it?

Nick aka 2000UZJ

I dont know if I said this already or not, but we will be there late Friday night. I wouldn't count the two of us for dinner.

Have we started talking about who is bringing what for Saturday?

Sent usin the "new" app.

I think we're going to do some corn on the cobb on the grill and maybe a couple of other things. We may do a meat as well depending on who brings what.

It's me. It started as a side project about a year ago. I've been in the HID/LED industry for quite some time now and finally figured I would put that knowledge and quest for LED light bars to work. I've lost track of how many revisions I have made, but I am a coming to a close on the design and should be fully released in the next month or so. The light bars use a 12* spot pattern, and a 20* flood pattern. They utilize Cree (well known) and Epistar (Used in the Chinese Olympics, TV's, and many other industrial applications) chips depending on the model. I am currently looking at the Cree XP-G2, which can be ran at 22W. So I have started on my single row light bar that will use 22W Cree LED's. A 30" single row is going to be pushing close to 30,000lumens. However the amount of heat that is produced by them at 22W is immense. So I'm having to come up with a totally unique cooling system, fins, and unique circuitry board/optics that can withstand the heat. Right now it's looking to be primarily aluminum reflectors that will be mounted to a very unique circuitry board to accommodate the drivers and LED's. I have a few people working side by side with me that are much better at AutoCad, however I am still doing the majority of the design. This 22W LED Light bar is going to blow away many other competitors, triple the output, similar efficiency, and a beam pattern very similar to the Light Force 240 HID's, which have a rather narrow pencil beam. I am shooting for a 5* spot, with the two outside LED's running at a 20* flood to give light to the immediate surroundings. I have the prototype here, although it looks like a mess of LED's, wiring, and aluminum plates. To follow up Dan's statement, the prototypes are hand built and tested for many months, then destroyed and rebuilt with structural improvements and small changes. Then it's off to a fabricator who builds them and I do final assembly/testing before they go off. I ran Dan's 20" for a full day and took full readings of output, heat, power draw, and many others to ensure that it's within spec. It takes about a week to build one, my 40" took damn near forever. I am thinking about a full production line where they come 100% assembled. But I enjoy the mad quality control system I have going on.

We can discuss this at camp if you would like. I'll be there Friday with Robert and his 60. Weather is looking KILLER for Saturday. 72* in the afternoon and a slight chance of rain on Saturday night. Which doesn't bother me.

See you all tomorrow night.

Nick

Wow to much to read.

Either way we are at Walmart in Sparta so we will be there shortly.

Cool, good ole' Sparta.

Rearend is still on the bench. Had to drop the rug rat off with my mom this evening so not home yet, so gonna have to take a half day tomorrow to get things back together.

See you guys tomorrow night, I hope.

We can discuss this at camp if you would like.

Nick

Definitely. I like written details - but even better I like to look a guy in the eye when he's 'splaining something to me. Easier to learn the awesomeness.

As for food tonight. We should be there around 6 if we're lucky and get out the door on time. We're bringing a big pile of tortelini pasta salad for the side.

Tomorrow night is white bean chicken chilli. Mm mm...

We will be in camp tomorrow AM :)

Robustbambi (Robert) and I are departing at 330-ish from Barrett Parkway off I-75. PM me if you you want to add to our convoy, or just call. I'll be around it all day.

Phone number is .....

I'll be taking my cell down at 4PM since its a public forum.

Nick

Last edited:
I'll be the guy in the green 40 banging his way to the top of the hills (just hope the ole girl holds together).

Four hour trips driving my 77 2f never goes uneventful. Looks something like this - :steer: :eek: :steer::bang::steer::censor::steer: :beer:

We are northbound!

We are heading to Nooga for dinner and supplies then off to Cookeville for the night. Depending on time we may stop by for setup tonight, but most likely tomorrow AM and then wheeling.

If you are coming hwy 20 west to pick up 75, avoid the section from 369 to canton. Major construction traffic!

Making progress.

ForumRunner_20121102_163332.jpg

ForumRunner_20121102_163332.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom