A tale of two trucks ;) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ditch the cherry picker and get a tractor!! Shop looks great Daniel!

112B58EA-A3FD-499B-B223-DD828FA2B066.png

About a thousand degrees today in LA (lower Alabama). First round of pressure washing frame complete. A few decades of California dirt slowly getting washed away. Amazed of how much original black paint still on frame.

C554FB3E-791D-4485-89AF-D71ECA9B9B9E.jpeg

Nice! Looks like you still have some electrical components in place? Water/crud/etc. incursion is why I ask, esp. with pressure washing.

Question: When I swap out for the '79 axles... What all does this require? I'll look when I get home but, I'm guessing the flanges are different (driveshaft to axle). Will my original leaf springs mate up to the new axles? I know I need one of @landcrusher909 's spacers for the boosted, double reservoir BM! :D Then, there are the associated 10mm brake lines versus 9mm....
Om on it LOL

1979 axles will go under her. Thx @wngrog for the complete rear brake setup. I’ll need to figure out the front brake situation. I’m betting I need EVERYTHING; rotors, shoes, calipers, hard/soft lines. And I’m sure I’m not thinking of other things…. Bearings, knuckles, steering, etc etc.

BB3F8377-AD22-4831-BB44-5EDAEBC1234D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom