A new twist to early fender marker lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Have a client wanting the early fender lights but wanted them to also be turn signals.

Made a call to Beno and got a new set from Mr. T.

A few LED's later this is what I came up with.

image.jpg
Superbrightleds.com

Have a client wanting the early fender lights but wanted them to also be turn signals.

Made a call to Beno and got a new set from Mr. T.

A few LED's later this is what I came up with.

Very nice ! :idea: :poof: :poof:

I love this. I wish you could do something like this with the 72-74 retangle turn signals. I would be very intrested. Or where did you sorce the LEDs?

Very cool.

Whaat!?! Those arent turn signals already just marker lights? I was planning to switch to those.

Great idea, Troll! Are the LED's yellow or white?

MCJB, The early round fender lights are signal only. The round lights on the bib are the marker on those early trucks.

The round lamps are very reasonable price from Beno and vintage cool looking.

The 70-74 rectangle lights are dual filament bulb for turn & marker, so a replacement dual element LED bulb will swap right in.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification Jim. I saw the round fender lights on ebay for $80 is that Beno? From Metamora, MI?

Here's the typical discount dealer pricing. Beno in GA should be able to get close to this $$.
Toyota Part Number: 81510-60040
LAMP ASSY, FR TURN S
Manufacturer:
Toyota
Warranty By:
Toyota Motor Company
Your Price:
$28.49
Retail Price:
$38.85

Oh awesome thanks for taking time to get that Jim! Nice even cheaper!

I know the rectangle light is a duel filiment bulb. And I have a replacement duel led bulb in mine
image.jpg
but because the bulb is pointing to the side of the light an is very dim in daylight and ok at night. And if I have the sun to my back there almost impossible to see. This is older pic taken just before twilight
image.jpg
And to have something as bright as this would be great. And that's y I'm asking for where he sourced his led strips so I can try and make something that not only looks better but out performs the stock set up

Some things that can improve the light output:
1. For the LED to work best, they should be same color as lens.
2. If it is a sideways mounted bulb (it is IIRC), then get a light that that has sideways pointing LEDs
3. If dull inside, clean the reflector and paint it gloss white or gloss silver.

360* type bulb:
45smdled1157bulb.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification Jim. I saw the round fender lights on ebay for $80 is that Beno? From Metamora, MI?

Nope. That would be Vic.

Not Beno

EastWood Company makes a spray paint specifically for repainting the reflectors of old vehicles. I used it on my 71 turn signals. Made a huge difference in light output. You could also have them chromed.

1971FrontTurnSignalPaintedReflector.jpg

Hey Troll you can reveal the Client--- its me the HENDOG. Can't wait to see my upgrade in person Headed your way!!!!

lol. Henry.

Yes I'd do these for anyone who doesn't want to do it themselves. The LED's are $60 the lights are $60 and $60 for an hr ordering the stuff, unpacking it all, and doing the mod. So $180 for a set from me.

Jim to answer your question partially. The Angel Eye's are Amber. I wanted a really bright flat rear light. But the only thing available were the 3000k warm white. They are 3w 310 lumens each. So they certainly pop. And you can't tell one is amber and the other is warm white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom