A few Rock Warrior questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use this adapter for my impact wrench for the spline drive lug wrench.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: ARES 70056 | 1/2-inch Drive 4- Piece Flip Lug Nut Socket Set | Includes 17, 19, 21mm Metric Sizes and 3/4,13/16, 7/8 SAE Sizes | Impact Grade Chrome-Molybdenum Steel Ensures Lifetime Use

I have removed one ring, on a used wheel I bought for my spare. What I did was lay the wheel flat and soak the cap screws in a puddle of Kroil overnight. Then I found rapping on them gradually with my impact driver and a GOOD T30 key (I have a Snap-On one), loosen-tighten-loosen repeating, pressing down hard, they all eventually came out. You just have to take your time, don't get in a hurry.

Yes, it's the dis-similar metals that causes the corrosion, which is why I used anti-seize, sort of as a sacrificial coating.

I have removed one ring, on a used wheel I bought for my spare. What I did was lay the wheel flat and soak the cap screws in a puddle of Kroil overnight. Then I found rapping on them gradually with my impact driver and a GOOD T30 key (I have a Snap-On one), loosen-tighten-loosen repeating, pressing down hard, they all eventually came out. You just have to take your time, don't get in a hurry.

Yes, it's the dis-similar metals that causes the corrosion, which is why I used anti-seize, sort of as a sacrificial coating.

I’m going to have to try this Kroil method on an old RW I bought for a spare. Tried applying heat to the screw thinking the PO might have used something on the thread, but only succeeded in breaking a T30 and stripping yet another screw...getting frustrated and about to drill and retap.

Re ring bolt & anti-seize.

I bought a used set recently (nice score for $700 shipped), and just tried undoing all screws. No problems with removal at all. There were maybe 4 or 5 screws with visible signs of oxidation on the threads. Not too bad, and they wheels supposedly were 8 years old and used in winter in Illinois. Could not really tell as the condition is superb, and except scuffs on rings and faded center caps look just as good as my brand new set I bought couple years ago.

Wondering wether to reinstall them with anti-sieze or blue loctite...

Last edited:
I may be overthinking it on the valve stems, and TPMS, but want to make sure since I’m not confident my local Toyota dealer will get me the right setup to get the install done correctly.

It was not clear on the TRD Rock Warrior spec sheet. Can someone please share the following part numbers needed when swapping rock warriors to our 200 series?

Valve stems?
TPMS, are the ones on stock wheel the correct ones to swap over to Rock Warriors?

Already have the McGard lugs. Anything else needed for the swap?

TIA

I may be overthinking it on the valve stems, and TPMS, but want to make sure since I’m not confident my local Toyota dealer will get me the right setup to get the install done correctly.

It was not clear on the TRD Rock Warrior spec sheet. Can someone please share the following part numbers needed when swapping rock warriors to our 200 series?

Valve stems?
TPMS, are the ones on stock wheel the correct ones to swap over to Rock Warriors?

Already have the McGard lugs. Anything else needed for the swap?

TIA
Valve Stems and TPMS transfer as long as you had aluminum wheels to begin with. In theory you are supposed to use a rebuild kit (new rubber washers and what not) if you move the TPMS from one wheel to another. Although, the RW guide says you can reuse the grommets/seals if in good condition.

The document for the TRDs on a LC says p/n 42607-33011 for TPMS, but it's not specific to years, so i'd verify what your truck needs over what the doc says. You need the 20 degree slanted variety (40 degree were on steel wheels).

Also the book calls for White letters out on the tires!

Found the link:

Valve Stems and TPMS transfer as long as you had aluminum wheels to begin with. In theory you are supposed to use a rebuild kit (new rubber washers and what not) if you move the TPMS from one wheel to another. Although, the RW guide says you can reuse the grommets/seals if in good condition.

The document for the TRDs on a LC says p/n 42607-33011 for TPMS, but it's not specific to years, so i'd verify what your truck needs over what the doc says. You need the 20 degree slanted variety (40 degree were on steel wheels).

Also the book calls for White letters out on the tires!

Found the link:

Copy that. To clarify from spec sheet below:

Valve Stem Grommet Fit Kit
(if required) Tundra/Sequoia
P/N 04423-0C170 or LC-0E010

Does this mean the grommet fit kit part number for the land cruiser is “0E010”? Struggling to find them to get them ordered.

Also, can someone confirm if this is the TPMS in our stock 2018 wheels?

L-CRUISER 20° TPMS
Single P/N 42607-33011

Does this mean the grommet fit kit part number for the land cruiser is “0E010”? Struggling to find them to get them ordered.

L-CRUISER 20° TPMS
Single P/N 42607-33011
04423-0E010 is the part number for the fit kit.

For the TPMS, I would not assume that that is the right part number for a 2018. I'm pretty sure it changed sometime after 2015, and i suspect this document is for pre-2015.

L-CRUISER 20° TPMS
Single P/N 42607-33011

Tire Pressure Monitoring System Sensor - Toyota (42607-48010) for 2016 - 2021 Land Cruiser​

Here's the "Fit Kit" for 2018:

ea48a2bce246e3cce0ab84f12d26009d.jpg

HTH

P.S. Web site links showing vehicle fitment:

Sensor: Pressure Sensor 2016 - 2021 LC
Fit Kit: Fit Kit for 2018 LC

You can also buy these kits at a good auto parts store. Napa is one place I've purchased them. The last shop where I had tires changed stocked them too.

Also, I was shocked to find that the Toyota packaged TPMS (really a repackaged Pacific) do not come with the nut, gasket, etc. You need to buy the "service kit" that contains those parts separately. When you buy the same part in a Denso box (also a Pacific), it comes with all of those pieces. Luckily my tire installer had some in stock.

Last edited:

Tire Pressure Monitoring System Sensor - Toyota (42607-48010) for 2016 - 2021 Land Cruiser​

Here's the "Fit Kit" for 2018:

View attachment 3040078

HTH

P.S. Web site links showing vehicle fitment:

Sensor: Pressure Sensor 2016 - 2021 LC
Fit Kit: Fit Kit for 2018 LC
Thank you super helpful! One more question… blows my mind that my Toyota dealer seemed clueless about… do the rock warrior wheels use a specific valve stem? Part number?

Thank you super helpful! One more question… blows my mind that my Toyota dealer seemed clueless about… do the rock warrior wheels use a specific valve stem? Part number?
Same TPMS as your stock aluminum wheels.
Edit: which includes the valve stems.

Depending on the year of your truck you can find aftermarket sensors made by Pacific industries, which is who makes them for toyota.. but it is specific to the year, so you'll have to do some research.

Last edited:
Same TPMS as your stock aluminum wheels.
Edit: which includes the valve stems.

Depending on the year of your truck you can find aftermarket sensors made by Pacific industries, which is who makes them for toyota.. but it is specific to the year, so you'll have to do some research.
Thanks for your response. It’s a 2018 with the stock wheels and moving TPMS(and I guess valve stems since they’re included) over to some freshly powder coated rock warriors. They have metal stems and just wasn’t sure if those would work. Hoping to get them mounted tomorrow!

D5A3BC22-59FC-4EC0-A1EA-C89CCDE5BFE6.jpeg

Thanks for your response. It’s a 2018 with the stock wheels and moving TPMS(and I guess valve stems since they’re included) over to some freshly powder coated rock warriors. They have metal stems and just wasn’t sure if those would work. Hoping to get them mounted tomorrow!

View attachment 3048004
FYI standard powder coating curing oven temps are known to weaken forged aluminum, of which rock warriors are constructed.

You wouldn’t be the first, but pay attention for things like mystery air leaks that could indicate cracks forming in the wheel barrel.

They do look great though.

As for valve stems most shops will want to “rebuild” the TPMS with new gaskets and such which is fine. Moving your sensors over means no programming is required and should be the simplest option. Many toyotas get up to ten years out of a set of sensors and these PI ones are among the best so yours should have plenty of life left in them.

FYI standard powder coating curing oven temps are known to weaken forged aluminum, of which rock warriors are constructed.

You wouldn’t be the first, but pay attention for things like mystery air leaks that could indicate cracks forming in the wheel barrel.

They do look great though.

As for valve stems most shops will want to “rebuild” the TPMS with new gaskets and such which is fine. Moving your sensors over means no programming is required and should be the simplest option. Many toyotas get up to ten years out of a set of sensors and these PI ones are among the best so yours should have plenty of life left in them.
Yes, thanks to this forum I worked closely with the powder coater to make sure it was low temp, low bake time.

Thanks for the info on the valve stems, and TPMS!

Yes, thanks to this forum I worked closely with the powder coater to make sure it was low temp, low bake time.

Thanks for the info on the valve stems, and TPMS!
Good to hear shops are open to doing it right!

Yep, he was even able to chemical strip vs sand blast to preserve the integrity of the “TRD Forged” stamp. My version of heritage rock crawlers!

View attachment 3048661

Working on the center caps…
Please post who did this so maybe they can pick up some more work.. they look awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom