Builds A 1994 FZJ80 rejuvinated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love it that Bill has the old tool sets from the dealerships.... Most of those have been thrown out years ago. Most dealership technicians don't even know how to use those tool sets.

Great work Johnny and Bill. :clap:

The original owner had Lojack, an alarm, and some other bits wired in, poorly. Time to correct some wiring :)
35663.jpeg
35664.jpeg
35689.jpeg
35691.jpeg

Amazing. A strong kinship happens across the miles when you see someone else going deep into the 80 series. I've had my 93 since new in 92 and was just bragging to someone that in 240k miles it has never been worked on by anyone but myself except for an A/C recharge and windshield replacements. Just a couple weeks ago, I flew to MI to do heavy maintenance on the 97 so it would be ready for our daughter to take from college where she's had it for 4 years, to Texas for a job. It was exciting to have a pile of new parts the size of a recliner from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters waiting for me, there and churn through that to have sparkling clean knuckles, etc when I left her. Your pile would dwarf mine. Anyhow, thanks for the trip down memory lane with the pictures on the various and sundry items you guys replaced. So worth the care. So worth the enjoyable ride. I came home from that experience and fell in love with my 93 all over again. In fact it's been in the driveway with a sprinkler under it to clean so I can get a good look at what's going to need attention this summer. Bravo!

Amazing. A strong kinship happens across the miles when you see someone else going deep into the 80 series. I've had my 93 since new in 92 and was just bragging to someone that in 240k miles it has never been worked on by anyone but myself except for an A/C recharge and windshield replacements. Just a couple weeks ago, I flew to MI to do heavy maintenance on the 97 so it would be ready for our daughter to take from college where she's had it for 4 years, to Texas for a job. It was exciting to have a pile of new parts the size of a recliner from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters waiting for me, there and churn through that to have sparkling clean knuckles, etc when I left her. Your pile would dwarf mine. Anyhow, thanks for the trip down memory lane with the pictures on the various and sundry items you guys replaced. So worth the care. So worth the enjoyable ride. I came home from that experience and fell in love with my 93 all over again. In fact it's been in the driveway with a sprinkler under it to clean so I can get a good look at what's going to need attention this summer. Bravo!

Very cool!! So jealous that you've had your '93 since new! Hope the '97 didn't have to do too much winter duty in Michigan, good thing it is moving to Texas. Your daughter is lucky to have a mobile mechanic Dad! :)

We decided to go with a "non-standard" Old Man Emu suspension: 860 front springs, 865 rear springs, caster correction bushing and OME sport shocks. The 865s aren't normally an 80 series application but they work really well in an 80 that isn't going to be carrying a ton of weight. The rig sits pretty close to level and handles great. If someone decides to turn it into an overland expedition vehicle down the road a different set of rear springs is super easy to install.
37034.jpeg
37079.jpeg
37155.jpeg
37160.jpeg
37186.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom