Builds A 1994 FZJ80 rejuvinated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
olc4x4.com
We found this '94 in Phoenix a while back. A one owner truck that had been garaged. A really nice blank canvas, no major mods to undo, nor rust to battle. The plan was to restore the truck mechanically, keeping it stock with the exception of an OME suspension and 285/75-16s.
20181005_140211.jpg

It sat in our warehouse for a while, complete with the custom 2" X 4" hood strut that came with it.

36397.jpeg

The truck was in really nice shape overall. The front bumper, radiator support, a flare, and the hood were the only spots that needed attention. Everything came out looking great, beautiful work Rick!
35029.jpeg
35033.jpeg

35039.jpeg

Excited to see where this goes. Great work so far.

This will be fun to watch. What will be the fate of this truck? Shop truck? Resale?

It will be looking for a new home once we've completed a few hundred shake down miles.
Oh woe is me, that part of the job is soooo difficult! :rofl:

Smart - like me testing cake to ensure its safety for others.

I'll enjoy following this, thanks for posting it up.

Nice truck.

What is that gunk inside the cooling system pipes; old block/head gasket/radiator sealer?? Was the head gasket leaking when you got it?

Nice truck.

What is that gunk inside the cooling system pipes; old block/head gasket/radiator sealer?? Was the head gasket leaking when you got it?

The head gasket was actually fine, in spite of the whole cooling system being gunked up with ancient coolant and slime. 226K miles of Phoenix traffic and not frequent enough coolant flushes probably had something to do with it.

OverLand Cruisers A little off subject, but what year is that MR2 in the background of a few of you're photos, is it the turbo model? The reason i ask, my son just loves those cars and has been looking for a first gen turbo car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom