Builds A 1994 FZJ80 rejuvinated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

<cringe> seeing those beautiful un-protected rockers. :lol:

Wow...glad I stumbled across this thread, very inspiring. Must have driven past any number of times (on way to Parker Canyon Lake etc.); never knew you were there, I am overdue for a hospitality call. Now I know where to take my truck if I get in over my head (or for that incessant rear main seal leak).

Wow...glad I stumbled across this thread, very inspiring. Must have driven past any number of times (on way to Parker Canyon Lake etc.); never knew you were there, I am overdue for a hospitality call. Now I know where to take my truck if I get in over my head (or for that incessant rear main seal leak).

Very cool! Stop by next time you're in town. We're right across from the Fair Grounds, go through the hardware store parking lot and head for the big flag, we're in the brown metal building :)

We'll be hosting a Copper State Cruisers get together once things green up a bit, hopefully you can make that too.
20200629_142805.jpg

Last edited:
What an awesome build. Thanks for sharing.

I had a question - do you have information on the OEM foam part number? Also, is that new cloth on those seats? If so, where'd you get that?

Thanks!

71512-60020: Pad, FR Seat Cushion

Nope, it is the original cloth but looks new. :)

Nice. So when they removed the tint was it completely clear or is there an embedded tint left in all but front door windows and windshield?

Correct, the front doors and windshield are clear and the rest of the glass has a slight tint.

So the '94 is going to a new home in South Carolina. We're sad to see her leave but it is a Mud family member in a rust free state where she'll be lovingly cared for, and garaged! :D

The new owner wanted a Long Range America 24 gallon auxiliary tank, as the LRA tank sits where the spare would normally live we needed to relocate the spare. The owner decided on an interior tire mount from Ozark Overland which added very little weight and didn't complicate opening the rear hatch, as a rear bumper with a swingout tire carrier would have.

20200722_115027.jpg
20200722_121255.jpg
20200722_123320.jpg
20200722_132357.jpg

Last edited:
The tank installation was a bit fiddly as a couple bolt holes weren't exactly where they needed to be. Not a problem. ;)
20200722_142717.jpg
20200722_155157.jpg

We added some Volcanic Heat Shield to the tank to prevent the exhaust from heating up the tank. A previous installation of the same tank revealed that the tank could get hot enough to start pushing fuel into the charcoal canister, no bueno. A layer of Volcanic rectified the issue. Likely only an issue with gasoline powered rigs.
20200724_141048.jpg

Last edited:
Great work you guys. When did I miss a thread or note elsewhere regarding OE mirrors? Are they US Toyota wide, or only 1 or 2 vendors?

The 500 miles break-in/shake down has come to an end, we completed the first service and she's ready to move to her new home is South Carolina. We're so happy that it is a Mud home and that she gets to live inside! :)
20200727_150208.jpg
20200727_151019.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom