Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

56% of the time we will make it down 100% of half the trail. That’s the mantra.

Sixty-Percent-of-the-Time.jpg

Still coming with camera and mountain bike. @bluecruiser excited to hit the trails with you again. Should I have a CB for the bike, is that the official HIH-MTB communications system? I want to make sure we can discuss the ma tire size that fits in our bikes.

Are the trails y'all are hitting single speed/rigid capable? Or, are they more downhill oriented, hucking trails? I may bring my race rig if y'all are doing more cross country and climbing type of riding. 2 years ago, I rode over Cinnamon, California and Hurricane to get to Silverton from Lake City on my single-speed/rigid bike.

9F458432-17C9-4691-8668-CB920890E60F.jpeg

Are the trails y'all are hitting single speed/rigid capable? Or, are they more downhill oriented, hucking trails? I may bring my race rig if y'all are doing more cross country and climbing type of riding. 2 years ago, I rode over Cinnamon, California and Hurricane to get to Silverton from Lake City on my single-speed/rigid bike.

Last year @bluecruiser and i rode in Telluride hitting mostly the bike park. We were on full suspension trail bikes (not big hucking) and had a blast since we could use the gondola to get back to the top. Helped with our lungs. I'm totally up for doing more of a pedaling ride, just not sure how much fitness I'm packing this year.

Single speed should be fine and lots of fun.

Is Diamondback bringing any rental/demo bikes with them? (Sorry if it was asked before.)

My family is super stoked to explore that part of Colorado. We're not backing out. Even if the trails are closed, hangin' at camp with a bunch of Hundy Owners sounds pretty bada$$. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the different car mods. I can watch Ronny Dahl's "Modified" episodes all day. Will be even better, in person, with nothing but Hundy mods.

Is Diamondback bringing any rental/demo bikes with them? (Sorry if it was asked before.)

My family is super stoked to explore that part of Colorado. We're not backing out. Even if the trails are closed, hangin' at camp with a bunch of Hundy Owners sounds pretty bada$$. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the different car mods. I can watch Ronny Dahl's "Modified" episodes all day. Will be even better, in person, with nothing but Hundy mods.
@90WT No demo bikes this trip, just the tools to work on other's bikes. There are a few shops in Telluride that rent bikes if you are looking around. Durango too.

Facebook just reminded me of where I was last year on July 18! 2 days 'til I leave for the mountains and so excited that I can't sleep :)

Sydney.JPG

@90WT No demo bikes this trip, just the tools to work on other's bikes. There are a few shops in Telluride that rent bikes if you are looking around. Durango too.

You can “demo” @74bruiser s bike. He just straps it to his truck for the outdoor lifestyle look. It’s a really nice full squish shredder too. He won’t even know it’s not there. Unless it’s photo shoot time for his rig. :rofl:

You can “demo” @74bruiser s bike. He just straps it to his truck for the outdoor lifestyle look. It’s a really nice full squish shredder too. He won’t even know it’s not there. Unless it’s photo shoot time for his rig. :rofl:

Thinking I'll end up bringing my mtb. I have two options atm... what are the trails like? I can either bring my single speed salsa el mar or my hardtail ragley piglet... do I want gears?

I am still kinda mad about all the fun y'all are going to have.

View attachment 2033020

If you bring your SS I will bring my SS....

Single speed is such good fun. In Telluride bikes can ride the gondola free so it is easy enough to get up the hill. Only reason some may want gears is the near 9,000 ft of elevation in Telluride. But if you stick to the bike park then any MTB is fun.

there is a fee for bike park usage in T-Ride now. they get you when you get off the free gondola ride. $36 a day....we will ride until i fall off bike from being too tired...that pretty much happened to me with @neilsen100 last year.....

if people want to XC ride, rather than park, that is cool. we can coordinate when we get to town to ride.

That's a sexy bike!

My SS has little tires. :)
Not that good for ripping single track though.

View attachment 2033234

View attachment 2033227
that looks like a blast...want to come help me build the pump track in my back yard!?

there is a fee for bike park usage in T-Ride now. they get you when you get off the free gondola ride. $36 a day....we will ride until i fall off bike from being too tired...that pretty much happened to me with @neilsen100 last year.....

if people want to XC ride, rather than park, that is cool. we can coordinate when we get to town to ride.

So are you trying to say that I should bring BOTH of my bikes? Maybe I will just bring my all mountain hardtail, that thing is a blast.

I can bring along my big rack too, in case we need to shuttle folks.

Last edited:
Everyone!! Please pack patience and a smile with you this year. Trails are going to be interesting, to say the least. We are doing our best to use all the intel available to keep everyone happy and having a great experience. I just can’t wait to breathe nice clean, cool mountain air. But hey, I’m a simple dude. Haha

Half the reason for this trip is to get away from this oppressive weather around here!

I'm in charge of fun and MWR. (Morale, Welfare and Recreation)

Someone has to crunch the numbers and calculate the costs. @bluecruiser and @Berney2000 are calculations, payroll and Excel wizards. I am not. Again, fun is my department.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen MWR...does that mean you are the First Shirt/Sergeant? I do not want to hear “embrace the suck”!

OMG Stan, after seeing this pic I'm even more bummed that we won't be making it out from Boston this year! Who the heck would even think about canceling after seeing this pic? Pack your skis and snowboards fellas and maybe an ice axe for the polar plunge! Life's best memories are made from the unexpected. See y'all for HIH10!

Heck yeah! See you next year man!

Part of me wants people to cancel...better chance in the raffle! LOL...

I’d bring my bike, but I’m fat and out of shape and it would kill me...literally.

Still looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom