Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@paflytyer @bluecruiser Cancellation option? Psh, not a chance. See you guys in Silverton.

Thanks for all your prep work on this. I'm excited to see the trails that are open in a different light than previous years.

As long as the dingo dog is ALSO still coming, everyone will be happy :)

We are coming no matter what. Maybe I will try and bring some supplies for a good stump tournament. Nothing like tossing hammers with friends

Sydney is all ready to go!

Well damn guys, I hate to have to do this, but I've got to back out. My dad just called and told me my grandfather is not expected to make it though the weekend, so I'm making plans to fly back east to be with my family and to attend the funeral next week.

Sorry to everyone that was signed up for one of my runs, I'll have to catch you guys next year!

Thinking about you brother! Positive vibes and good thoughts to you and your family during a difficult time. Trail closures and logistics are just "things". Family is family. Safe travels back East.

We sure are gonna miss you guys this year.

I hate oversharing. I’m actually pretty private.

But I ended up in the ER Saturday and today with “heart attack” symptoms.

My first thought was “don’t die”.

My second thought was “I really don’t want to miss HIH9”.

Priorities....

See you Wednesday!

Dude.... scary stuff! Hope you're feeling better. Nothing like thin mountain air and exerting yourself at altitude to test the old ticker!

If my 100 spawned its AHC back into existence, it failed again in route to Silverton and I had to ride a pack mule over limited trails I'd still go.

Let's go have some fun - snow, rain or shine.

Hope everyone makes it safely.

But would you drive a jeep?

It sure is a bitter sweet thing! I know many will be bummed about some of the trails not opening but you make it to Silverton and you're bound to have a great time nonetheless! Guaranteed!
I've been spending my birthday in the San Juans since 2013 and 100% satisfied with the time there! Whatever trails we did, food we ate, people we chatted with and shared stories, rain, shine, mud....
Come, eat, drink, chat and have a blast!!!

Been running trails all week with full expectation that s***s gonna be blocked and still having a great time. Only about 50% of the time do we make it where we want to go.

We got to be the ones to punch through a snowdrift at the top of Taylor headed to aspen a few days ago.

This was pearl outside of Crested Butte, we made it past the mud bogs and the fresh avalanche debris to be stopped by this massive snow drift. I’ll be running some trails around the San Juan’s starting Friday and will report back if anything gets opened.

212BE8C7-F311-43EA-B448-26ECE3846537.jpeg

Ok I can't seem to find the info in this thread. I thought I remember seeing something about not being able to camp at Kendall on Tuesday night. Is that correct?

That’s correct. Cannot get the group into the site until Wednesday afternoon. @smakee is prepped and ready to park some trucks!!

100% still in! I'd been following the snow over the late winter and spring and let's be honest this wasn't a complete surprise. This year was historic! Anyways my father and brother are coming (our 1st time) and we are excited to see the alternative trails and meet some great people. Who is up to do some snow winching?

Still coming with camera and mountain bike. @bluecruiser excited to hit the trails with you again. Should I have a CB for the bike, is that the official HIH-MTB communications system? I want to make sure we can discuss the ma tire size that fits in our bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom