‘99 Highway RPM range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who’s got 4th/OD? ==> this guy

The saga has come to a end. Took it to Landmark transmission recommended by ACC. The guys were great. Price was fair. Plus I have a unlimited mile two year warranty.

Basically what happened is the OD brake snap ring that holds the clutch in the case came out of its groove. This caused the piston that applies the clutch to move too far and cut the o-ring on the piston. The return spring cage was also damaged. Other than that I was told the rest of the unit looks good. Pretty amazing this transmission went 330k + with no issues.
View attachment 1957525

View attachment 1957526

View attachment 1957527

View attachment 1957528

Look at this. It’s beautiful

View attachment 1957529
Score one more for ACC sending you there. One more for you documenting. One more for trans shop!

That a score of 103%

Who’s got 4th/OD? ==> this guy

The saga has come to a end. Took it to Landmark transmission recommended by ACC. The guys were great. Price was fair. Plus I have a unlimited mile two year warranty.

Basically what happened is the OD brake snap ring that holds the clutch in the case came out of its groove. This caused the piston that applies the clutch to move too far and cut the o-ring on the piston. The return spring cage was also damaged. Other than that I was told the rest of the unit looks good. Pretty amazing this transmission went 330k + with no issues.
View attachment 1957525

View attachment 1957526

View attachment 1957527

View attachment 1957528

Look at this. It’s beautiful

View attachment 1957529
Do you mind me asking how much the transmission shop charged you?

I seem to be having somewhat similar issues but it doesn’t become apparent until I’m about 1.5 hrs into a drive at highway speeds. I’m driving along fine at 70mph, rpm’s are around 2300 to start but then after about 1.5 hrs or so, my rpm’s are at about 3700 or so at 70mph. Any thoughts why it would change over time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom