97 lexus flooded help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys today I flooded my Lexus about 3 inches in the cab my alarm went crazy,my door locks went crazy,my lights went crazy, right now im getting all the water out and dehumidifying the cab, I can not figure out how to fix any of the above or figure out what computers if any are under the seats im reading my shop manual and can not figure out how to do anything with it...... help please!!!
thanks in advance,
Garett

Which lights... the interior and parking lights? If so, all of those symptoms point to the alarm module which, at least in mine, would have been submerged with 3 inches in the cab. I can't remember if there was an easy way to remove/disable it... the starter defeat may be a problem. I'd pull it out, put it in a warm dry place, cross my fingers, and try again after it dries.

i think its the alarm thing under the passenger seat has anyone ever replaced one, the parking lights are the flashing ones, like you said im just going to let it dry over night and hope for the best thanks for your help
thanks,
Garett

If U Need Any Parts I Have Totaled Lx450, Pretty Sure I Have All The Compuers. I Can Be Reached At 336-345-3399 Josh

let me get back to you on that, I may need some stuff but i will let you know latter tomorrow or monday
thanks,
Garett

The keyless entry receiver is usually under the driver's seat in the LX450 (thats where mine is).

You can remove it and maybe open it up and dry out the inside real good. If you see any water gunk on the inside, brush it out with an old toothbrush so all of the circuit board contacts are clean and not corroded.

You might be able to plug it back in and have it work fine after that.

thanks thats what im doing

Garett, Hey, it's Wes. You didn't get stuck out on Eglin did you? Somebody got stuck out there today on Escribano Point, right at the waters edge. And someone got stuck in a mud hole on the trail out to the point before I got to it. I made it through heading out to the point, but on the way out I sank. Had way more than 3 inches of water in my floor! Dee came out with our other Cruiser and pulled from three different directions before the truck moved, and she was snatching it hard too. So now I too will spend tomorrow disassembling my interior and drying out components. My lights were flashing and my door locks were going nuts, so I just unhooked the battery and called it a freaking night. It's funny. At first I was all pissed off that hadn't bought a winch yet, but I was so stuck a winch wouldn't have moved the truck. Not from the front anyway. To get out, Dee finally had to snatch the truck sideways! I spent an hour tonight in waist deep water. At least it wasn't too cold. Good luck with your truck. If I can help give me a call.
Wes

thanks thats what im doing

I would do as Cody suggested but also clean out the inside with isopropyl alcohol. Even if you dry the comp out, there will be potentially damaging minerals and junk left over from the water. The alcohol should take care of that.

thanks guys,and Wes I got stuck out in Brewton AL,but on the bright side noone else had the balls to go through the hole so I didnt get made fun of to bad........also do I need to drain my differentials, we were in the water about 5min,anyhow I got most of my stuff done but if you need any help give me a shout,see you man,
Garett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom