94 80 series stero options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.urbanlandcruisers.com
Looking for ideas/experiences on stero options for a 94 80. How about a CD changer?

I run a Sony Headunit in the dash with a CD player with a CB mounted in the pocket below running to a 10 disc MP3 CD changer mounted in the center console. Swapped the door speakers to some Infinities and I am happy.

I don't believe there was a factory changer option in 94, I could be wrong though. And really I can't see putting in a factory changer if it was available as you could probably do all of what I did for just the price of the changer.

EV, What model speakers did you get? What size? I'm going to put in some new ones, but I don't want to do any mods, if possible.

Search button damn you!!! :flipoff2:

Hint: Search for "Eclipse"

I have in my rig a Sony Headunit with CD-Player and a 10xCD-Changer in the back. Plus 9 Speakers in different locations. That is enough for anything.

Mike

Search my child... Search for "Cobra 18wxst II" and you will see the light...

Jody, [tt]the enlightened one.[/tt]

I used Infinity Reference 6.5" No spacers. They are inexpensive speaker ($60-80) but sound decent. Butyl Surround with a poly woofer and a good tweeter. I can see spending a lot of money on speakers for how I use my Land Cruiser. The tires howl, the speakers get full of mud and snow, with all of the accessories I get some wind noise. Probably anything is better than the factory speakers.

circuit city has them at $100 a pair. Did you order them or get them in Boise?

I actually bought them at Circuit City. I think I paid 69.95 for the ones I put in the 80, I know I paid 79.99 for the ones I put in the 60. The ones for the 80 were on sale. Ultimate Electronics sells them, Crutchfield.com sells them, and I think Best Buy might have them. Also, they seem to go on sale quite frequently (once a month or so). Even at $99.95 they are a decent value in my opinion. Other options that would probably work are the Polks (lower line) and the Boston (Ralleye Series ?), they are all in that general price range.

OK. I'll look for a sale. BB does not have them.

Eric,

I've found that on Ebay you can get some good deals on new as well as used speakers.

I went with the pioneer deck that plays MP3 cd's.
1 CD = 180+ songs...so w/random on i only have to change 1 cd every month or so. I also went with 4 INFINITY REFERENCE 625i 6 1/2 inch speakers needed a spacer to make fit..they are snug but sound awesome. Got everything through Crutchfield. It was little more expensive..but, they included wiring harness/mounting bracket for free. I did months of reasearch to find the setup that is right for me. I suggest visit many stereo forums and READ all the comments on the different products out there.

LinkPhoto

Speaker w/the 1/2 in spacer

LinkPhoto

Snug fit..but it fits!

LinkPhoto

They stick out..but you really dont notice them when the doors are shut.

LinkPhoto

The Pioneer Deck & my COBRA CB

LinkPhoto

Different angle

later..
joe

IMHO no one thing makes as big an improvement as a quality subwoofer. I put an Infinity Basslink (powered) in my 80. It has a remote control (wired) and I turn it up just enough to add what 6.5" speakers just can't produce.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom