'94 80 series No Spark Trouble (looking for crank position sensor) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been chasing my tail for a while trying to resolve a no spark issues I've replaced the plugs, wires, ignition coil and igniter. A little bit of novice diagnosis on my part. I have not been getting anything from the CEL and have even jumped the OBD port to get a code, no light. I've noticed the tachometer doesn't bounce when turning over and I'm lead to believe my crank position sensor is bad. Does the '94 80 series have the crank position sensor in the distributor? And if my CEL is out would that interrupt any of the ignition circuit?

If the bulb is good, no CEL = no power to the ECU = no spark, no fuel, no guna run. With the key to run does it have battery ish voltage at the B+ term in the diagnostic connector? If not, could be a bad connection, EFI relay, EFI fuse, fusible link, etc.

If the bulb is good, no CEL = no power to the ECU = no spark, no fuel, no guna run. With the key to run does it have battery ish voltage at the B+ term in the diagnostic connector? If not, could be a bad connection, EFI relay, EFI fuse, fusible link, etc.
Just checked, I've got battery voltage at the diag port

Did u ever find the issue I’m having the same issue but I’ve also changed the dizzy
very very late but this issue was two parts. The CEL bulb was bad, I replaced that to finally read trouble codes and it was improbable crank data. I got a new dizzy and problem solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom