94 80 Series - Just did the new seat gears (Gamiviti) fix - forward/reverse of seat still inoperable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

I Just completed this fix and the forward/reverse of the passenger seat is still inoperable. I was super careful, followed the video, actually watched 3 difference vids before starting.

There is *no sound whatsoever* when the switch is engaged. Even if I installed the gears incorrectly or did something mechanically wrong - I would expect some sound from the motor *trying* to move the seat?

I sprayed contact cleaner on the plug - no help.

All other motors on the seat are working.

Questions - any help greatly appreciated:

1. Are there fuses or any relays for the seats on this truck? I reviewed the owners manual and there don't appear to be any - but wanted to ask.
2. What is the likelihood that the seat motor is DOA?
3. What would you check next? I am no good with a multimeter - so not sure how to check the motor to see if it's burned out.

I am thankful that the Drivers seat is fully functional - but I REALLY want the passenger seat to fully work as well.

Thanks - SMD.

1. Are there fuses or any relays for the seats on this truck? I reviewed the owners manual and there don't appear to be any - but wanted to ask.
There is only 1 fuse for both power seats. If any motors work, then the fuse is good.
If all other motors work properly then most likely it's the motor itself. You could try simply swapping seats to verify connectivity if you can't use a multimeter. If it works in the driver's position, then it's a connectivity issue. If it doesn't work in either position, then most likely the motor is faulty. I suppose it could also be the switch, but that seems unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom