92, 80 moving from Oregon to D.C - Emissions Test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Go to the inspection place down there on half street and pay the $35 for the test hand the inspector $40 in cash and I will guarantee you will pass. The inspectors there the health inspectors that do the food trucks and the Ddot parking ticket people are marvelous crooks.
solid advice. bad neighborhood + cash

solid advice. bad neighborhood + cash
keep 5-7 dollars in loose ones in your left front pocket. If you get robbed just say this is all I have and toss it on the ground between you and him/them and run. They will look at the cash and either take the moment to run away or move up and rip his larynx out.

keep 5-7 dollars in loose ones in your left front pocket. If you get robbed just say this is all I have and toss it on the ground between you and him/them and run. They will look at the cash and either take the moment to run away or move up and rip his larynx out.
In a money clip so you can toss it and get a little more time for your action of choice. Lol ripping out a larynx, what is this mortal combat?

Last edited:
When I bought my truck back in June, I registered it at the DC DMV the day after I bought it- got DC license plates and a temporary registration giving me 30+ days to get an inspection.

Within a couple days, I had a parking ticket on my truck for "Failure to display inspection sticker"... I pled "not guilty" and sent in an explanation with a copy of the letter from the DMV that says I had another month to get the inspection. They wrote back and said "Liable for Failure to Display Inspection Sticker" WTF? So I appealed and again sent them a copy of their own letter from the DMV that says I didn't need an inspection sticker for another month... they replied to my appeal with: "Liable: Respondent has failed to establish grounds for reconsideration of the matter". Total insanity and it's going to cost me $50.

That wasn't the first time the criminals shook me down... In April, they towed my 4Runner at 4 in the morning on a Saturday. Actually, they towed about 10 cars from my block from 4-6am. I found out at 7am when I went out and my truck was gone. Apparently, they had declared it an "Emergency No Parking Zone" so they could work on some cell towers at 10am that morning. They ticketed me $200 for towing the truck. There was absolutely no sign posted where I parked.

I took pictures and submitted as evidence that there was no sign posted. They came back and said that, while I was able to prove that there was no sign posted where I parked, I had not proved that there were no signs posted on the entire block so I was 100% liable! Cost me $200 and I had the privilege of scratched up wheels on the brand new 4Runner and having to walk around the neighborhood to find where they dropped the truck off a couple blocks down.

In any case, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in DC just as much as I have. 😂

Looking forward to having you bring your cruiser out to our monthly club meetings at Kilroys the first Wed of each month. We don't have nearly enough Australians in the club. 🌏🦘🍻

Where are you from on the map of OZ?

1664721031069.jpeg

1664717677996.png

Last edited:
^^^That is absolute nuts.

My brother told me that he got towed from the street in front of his apartment in Boston once because he had out of state plates on the car he’d borrowed that day, and only I’m state is allowed to park on the street. Sheesh.

Go to the inspection place down there on half street and pay the $35 for the test hand the inspector $40 in cash and I will guarantee you will pass. The inspectors there the health inspectors that do the food trucks and the Ddot parking ticket people are marvelous crooks.
I don't remember having any trouble passing when I lived in DC. I did have to get up extra early to go there right when it opened. Any other time and the line is can be brutal.

I don't remember having any trouble passing when I lived in DC. I did have to get up extra early to go there right when it opened. Any other time and the line is can be brutal.
My friend owns a concrete company in DC they require the owner or a registered agent to be there when the test is done since his company has 54 vehicles either he the corporate officer or one other person had to be there that was completely ridiculous for them to have to go down to Ddot to get the emissions and inspection done every year instead he sent one of his guys down there and they just paid off the inspectors. It is/was a win win.

My friend owns a concrete company in DC they require the owner or a registered agent to be there when the test is done since his company has 54 vehicles either he the corporate officer or one other person had to be there that was completely ridiculous for them to have to go down to Ddot to get the emissions and inspection done every year instead he sent one of his guys down there and they just paid off the inspectors. It is/was a win win.
corruption is good when you can use it to your favor!

What if I just show them all my receipts from parts?! A ripped larynx sounds expensive, plus OEM parts availability might be an issue.

I think your going to be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom