8x Series V8 Swaps (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting close!

I also just started mine for the first time. 🥳 I wasn't expecting it and it scared the crap out of me...😆 Open headers...loud as ....

I had a crank but no start for a while. I needed to disable "Starter Diagnostics" in the OS and I didn't think it would work. E78 ECM

Sure would like to see how everyone is routing their exhaust out the rear.

It's a bit of a maze through/over the rear suspension. And the factory pipe going over/under involves that one section of pipe being flattened to an oval. Not something most shops can handle.
Dual all the way, or two into one?

Or dump out in front of the rear wheels? That's obviously the easiest, but I'd like to take the two separate pipes all the way out separately and could use some ideas.

Sure would like to see how everyone is routing their exhaust out the rear.

It's a bit of a maze through/over the rear suspension. And the factory pipe going over/under involves that one section of pipe being flattened to an oval. Not something most shops can handle.
Dual all the way, or two into one?

Or dump out in front of the rear wheels? That's obviously the easiest, but I'd like to take the two separate pipes all the way out separately and could use some ideas.

I've since switched out the Borla muffler as it was loud af... I run a Tundra muffler now. Sounds much better and ear friendly on long trips.

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1366.jpeg

Making a bit of progress. Would have preferred if the coolant hose went under the intake but it all fits so I can’t complain too much.

View attachment 3463247

I used a later year water pump that exits the front vs up top. My hose goes under the intake. That's an option if you ever want to decide to change it later on.

Last edited:
That was the part that stumped the guys at Dakota Digital as well. Short of using an oscilloscope, I know the signal works.

We've got nearly the same setup. My rig is a 94, donor ecm (gen 3 p59) is from an 03 Suburban. Tach worked just fine prior to the swap with the 1FZ. I copied your settings on the SGI100 to start, which netted me a test signal that works, better than nothing! haha

@TLC94LS was correct here for anyone else having an issue getting the tach to work. Bypassed the resistor and everything worked perfect. See above info for my setup.

Details on that air box?!
looks like that one may be from Radius

Details on that air box?!
It’s a Radius fab box from Australia

I used a later year water pump that exits the front vs up top. My hose goes under the intake. That's an option if you ever want to decide to change it later on.
I looked at going with the LS3 water pump to get the front exit but I would need to buy water pump spacers to get the belt alignment correct. I put a new truck pump on before I realized that so I’ll just leave it this way for now.

It’s a Radius fab box from Australia

I looked at going with the LS3 water pump to get the front exit but I would need to buy water pump spacers to get the belt alignment correct. I put a new truck pump on before I realized that so I’ll just leave it this way for now.
I don't recall adding a spacer to mine. Running a water pump from a 2007 on my 2004.

Maybe there’s a version of the pump I overlooked. I went with the one Cabledude suggested. I think it’s off a 07-19 truck application.
Yup same suggestion from Cabledude.. but no spacer.. I'm running this AC Delco waterpump from Rockauto 252901 (252-901)..

I stand corrected though.. was looking through photos since it's been a while since the swap... the output is still vertical, just a shorter straight vertical and not tall and angled like the original water pump that came with the motor. I was getting confused with one for the 5.7L... That being said, with the shorter output, I can still run my hose under the intake tube...

Yup same suggestion from Cabledude.. but no spacer.. I'm running this AC Delco waterpump from Rockauto 252901 (252-901)..

I stand corrected though.. was looking through photos since it's been a while since the swap... the output is still vertical, just a shorter straight vertical and not tall and angled like the original water pump that came with the motor. I was getting confused with one for the 5.7L... That being said, with the shorter output, I can still run my hose under the intake tube...

That pump comes standard on a 2020 GMC Savana with the 6.0L L96, which is the motor I am using. I am not using a spacer and my radiator hose still goes above my intake, but I am also using a larger than stock Radius Fab intake.

GMC Savana Water Pump

That pump comes standard on a 2020 GMC Savana with the 6.0L L96, which is the motor I am using. I am not using a spacer and my radiator hose still goes above my intake, but I am also using a larger than stock Radius Fab intake.

GMC Savana Water Pump
I have a radius fab snorkel on the way.. plan is to also to get their airbox later on. I'm modifying the stock box for now. When I get the intake box I might also have to reroute over the intake tube.. we'll see when that time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom