Builds 85 fj60 6.0 4l80e swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going to recommend that you change the rubber fuel lines out with new rubber ones or even better with rubber lines that are for fuel injection the old lines will collapse from the suction ask me how i know....
I was thinking that when I did it. I have extra so I’m going to do it now. Thanks

I am going to recommend that you change the rubber fuel lines out with new rubber ones or even better with rubber lines that are for fuel injection the old lines will collapse from the suction ask me how i know....
Hey curious if you know what I can tap into for key on and cranking amps for the harness? I don’t have my FSM here but from I remember it’d be the black with white wire coming from the ignition right?

Pics. From 88 fsm

20181130_221219.jpg

20181130_221245.jpg

20181130_221207.jpg

A spacer like @tmxmotorsports has and a mini-truck/4Runner series CV would do the trick nice. The later CV’s and driveshafts have a slightly smaller U-joint and yoke profile. Still more then strong enough (actually I have a theory (hunch) that they’re stronger even though they’re smaller in overall dimension)
Do you know which years fit? I’m rebuilding the transfer case today and can grab one from the yota yard while I’m down there today

Cant use the ifs ones they dont drop out as far as the older ones may want to tale yours with so you have a size comparison

Cant use the ifs ones they dont drop out as far as the older ones may want to tale yours with so you have a size comparison
I grabbed a 98 Tacoma at yota Jim’s in Denver. He had a bunch of fj60 ones next to them and it slid on the fj60 drive shaft no prob and was way smaller so I grabbed it

Ugh so the
A spacer like @tmxmotorsports has and a mini-truck/4Runner series CV would do the trick nice. The later CV’s and driveshafts have a slightly smaller U-joint and yoke profile. Still more then strong enough (actually I have a theory (hunch) that they’re stronger even though they’re smaller in overall dimension)
close but yet so far away...

9C1EC87A-50CC-49C7-B4DC-C41FCB60895D.jpeg

My GX470 driveshafts work fine. Should be the same bolt pattern as the mini/4Runner/Tacoma shafts etc.

The yoke will fit on the shaft just fine so I’m pulling the ujoint and going to drill new holes and take an 1/8 off on the lathe and we should be good to go

That's an LS2 intake (looks like 4-bolt throttle body)? Looking forwards to what you think of the throttle response with the LS2 intake and 92mm TB. I was thinking of doing that but a few guys were saying the throttle response would be less then stellar. I run an LS6 intake and heads on my 5.3 and it revs right up but I'd like a bit more low end power (who doesn't?).

Looks great anyways, the car intakes are so much better looking then the truck ones.

That's an LS2 intake (looks like 4-bolt throttle body)? Looking forwards to what you think of the throttle response with the LS2 intake and 92mm TB. I was thinking of doing that but a few guys were saying the throttle response would be less then stellar. I run an LS6 intake and heads on my 5.3 and it revs right up but I'd like a bit more low end power (who doesn't?).

Looks great anyways, the car intakes are so much better looking then the truck ones.
That was gonna be my question why did you go with the FiTech LS2 intake?

That was gonna be my question why did you go with the FiTech LS2 intake?

Probably because life is short and the truck intakes are ugly

Finished up the Lokar Shifter. Sunk it 1” below the floor to get the shifter away from the dash a bit more

8562BC6C-8274-4333-AB58-69CD8F53FC56.jpeg

Yesterday was productive, I finished the 4wd linkage bracket and got the motor mounted in its final resting place. I still need to make a or modify a crossmember. I ran down and grabbed a Ford Contour dual fan from the junk yard. I’ve read on here that they work well for the swap.

A1B58BD2-DA72-435E-8F1A-83ABC7A413E5.jpeg

5457F3F6-C14E-41EC-A9BB-EDAAF3106F83.jpeg

You realize that transfer case shifter is not going to be even close to the stock floor hole if you positioned your motor in the engine bay correctly right? You want the motor as far back in the engine bay as it can go, and then some more (sledge hammer to passenger side firewall works well).
Good call on the Contour fans, mine work great with a stock 60 radiator. FITech can trigger fans, right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom