81 Toyota Diesel 2wd becoming 4x4 with landcruiser axles and dual t-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

79-81 came stock with round headlights and the corresponding grill-headlight bezels so maybe your diesel model was changed by a previous owner or was a late model and came stock with the newer version?
I was thinking the same thing earlier in this thread. Nice catch.

Probably just a late 81 build that says 81 on all the paperwork but it actually an 82 model year. My 82 was like that. Really cool build by the way.

IMG_3071.jpg

these both accept round plugs

Yep that's an 82 cluster alright and anything built in September or later is generally the next model year car anyhow. My 89 is actually titled as an 88 because it was built in 88.

nice dash cluster !!! more info please ...........
I'm not the guy to ask.lol Its just a cluster to me,pretty self explanatory.The grid to the right in the dash does nothing from what I can tell.Never noticed it till this pic really.Guess the flash made it easy to see

All this talk of the dash cluster has jinxed something.lol.I not for sure but I believe my alternator has quit charging.After starting my charge,brake,filter and tbelt light all stay lit.The oil and glow plug lights go off like normal.Any one else had a similar issue?

Had the same issue with the lights staying on when mine died on me.

That's what I figured.I ordered a replacement.I took a look at the brushes in mine (looked fine)and cleaned up all my connections.Nothing changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom