80 Series Wiper Arm Bushing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can get some? I know WitsEnd has some for the 60 Series. But not sure if they are the same

What bushing are you referring to (can you post a photo)?

It’s the one the wiper arm goes into on the linkage. It’s made out of a white plastic. WitsEnd made some out of much better Derlin for the 60 guys. The factory ones wear out. The one for appears to be similar. Even with my laser eyes it’s still tough to differentiate a few thousandths. But I would assume it have said it was compatible with 80s if so. @NLXTACY will hopefully add these to the list for the 80s. With all the wiper motor issues popping up now. Luckily my magnets had came loose. Just took a little cleaning and 5 minute epoxy to get me going. Then 8 months later the arm falls out of the socket. From what I can tell the linkage is discontinued now. I did find a aftermarket option. But would prefer a $20 bushing if i can get one

What year/model Land Cruiser are you working on and can you post up a photo of the wiper motor and arm?

From what I can see the motor shown in the link above (60 series) attaches to the wiper linkage differently than the 80 series wiper motor which doesn't use that same plastic part.

May want to peruse this thread q little....

Thread 'Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero' Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/wits-end-order-issues-joey-romero.1316972/
Holy Crap!!
Thank you for letting me know. I have done business with him for many years. But that was also several years ago. He really did quality work. But I have been absent from this forum for a few years now. Despite still owning two 80s that are daily drivers for the wife and me.and I had zero idea about all this BS. I haven’t read that entire thread. But I saw enough to know what is going on. It’s funny but in pursuit of trying to figure this bushing out. I went to his IG page. And saw a few post that seem really suspect about his webpage getting hacked. And would process all the financial stuff. But somehow it wouldn’t place orders. And he claimed he had no way to retrieve the information. That had kinda gave me an uneasy feeling. It sucks for everyone involved. Especially the guys with the turbo situation.

Holy Crap!!
Thank you for letting me know. I have done business with him for many years. But that was also several years ago. He really did quality work. But I have been absent from this forum for a few years now. Despite still owning two 80s that are daily drivers for the wife and me.and I had zero idea about all this BS. I haven’t read that entire thread. But I saw enough to know what is going on. It’s funny but in pursuit of trying to figure this bushing out. I went to his IG page. And saw a few post that seem really suspect about his webpage getting hacked. And would process all the financial stuff. But somehow it wouldn’t place orders. And he claimed he had no way to retrieve the information. That had kinda gave me an uneasy feeling. It sucks for everyone involved. Especially the guys with the turbo situation.
I really like Joey, but there are too many negative signs going on.

I've experienced these same signs in fabrication shops that are experiencing hard times and suddenly, poof!, they're gone.

So, I've learned to watch for them, because we've had to pull equipment before they closed the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom