80 Series Blackhawk Leading Arm Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

I Just fitted a set of Blackhawk arms after a fair bit of reading, and thought that this was the best option for me.
The car was already lifted and set up with fish plates when we purchased it a while back... I was happy enough with it and put up with the usual steering tie rod rub. Even after I installed a fresh set of Dobinson springs, I knew I had to do something.

Anyway, very happy with the result... especially getting rid of the rubbing noise.
Other benefits of the arms was pushing the front axle forward and centering it in the wheel arch, returning to a "stock" look, not only with the arms looking stock, but getting rid of the ugly fish plates, and having fresh bushes installed was a bonus.

While I was doing the front, I decided to add longer rear lower arms also. This pushed the rear axle back, again centering the wheel in the wheel arch and fresh bushes as well. A small pinion angle adjustment and a wheel alignment after the work, showed it all bang on.

The car is on a 3 inch lift up front and 4 inch at the back. Adjustable panhard/lateral bars fitted front and rear. Drivability is more precise but it was set up pretty good prior. I have yet to take it out for a good wheel but results are great so far.

Thanks
20240111_164331[1].jpg
20240111_085529[1].jpg
20240111_164930[1].jpg
20240115_163943[1].jpg
20240115_164349[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom